cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My idea - Pay bill for friend

drsiha
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi, I just came up with an idea.

We can pay friend's bill (the amount due) by matching their Public Mobile phone number using account balance. Our friend can see a notification on their panel showing they don't need to pay in the coming month. And Public Mobile can collect future money. It's a triple-win.

Any comment?

4 REPLIES 4

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kav2001c wrote:

@drsiha

Um.... why?

It is infinitely easier to simply walk into a store and buy a prepay voucher for your friend

This also removes all the issues with privacy / fraud as well

@kav2001c agreed, vouchers can already fill this need, IMHO

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@drsiha

Um.... why?

It is infinitely easier to simply walk into a store and buy a prepay voucher for your friend

This also removes all the issues with privacy / fraud as well

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

Although I support the idea for being able to transfer money between accounts (why not?) / pay bills for people... could there be legal issues with this? Such as money laundering?

I highly doubt this will become a feature with all of the glitches we have and all the fixes not yet completed.

Public labs shut down and they are not implementing features customers want.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/idb-p/Public_Lab/tab/most-recent

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@drsiha

Not sure whether Public Mobile would offer your idea in the future.  It adds to the cost of the system in general and there might be privacy and confideniality issues.  Public Mobile is a low cost, low frills type of company.  

I guess if you really are close to your friend, you could put your credit card in their autopay system and it would deduct the payment every month from your credit card.  Or you could buy payment vouchers for your friend as gifts, etc.  I am paying for my kids' acounts presently with my credit card.

Need Help? Let's chat.