cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My iPhone keeps saying it’s in searching or comes up no service ?

Shawnmsovie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

20 REPLIES 20

@Bubbly100 wrote:

Try restarting your phone and maybe make sure your SIM card is in correctly. If all else fails the PM mods can surely help. Good luck! 

These steps were suggested 1.5 days ago.  I realize that you're new here, but please try your best to avoid repetition.

Bubbly100
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Try restarting your phone and maybe make sure your SIM card is in correctly. If all else fails the PM mods can surely help. Good luck! 

@bravo_md wrote:

I think it's time to switch to an Android phone with all the right bandwidths.

Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@ShawnmsovieWhat model is your iPhone? If it is an iPhone 6 beware the antennas have a tendancy to burn out.. it would have a simliar end result like yours. I concur with @Dunkman swap your SIM card with a known good phone and see if it works.

ppatel14
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Have you inquired with mod? Open a ticket? Could be something on network side rather than your phone.

ppatel14

Screenshot_20190714-151109_Service mode RIL.jpg

Through s9nfor example, you can verify which bands are enabled. I never used apple so not sure because theybtend to restrict user from doing anything out of ordinary. 

@bravo_md wrote:

How does switching to Android help this member?   Right bandwidths?  Are you speaking about frequencies?  Cellular frequencies aren't spefific to any mobile operating system.

@ppatel14 wrote:

if you ported a number in, takes 2+ hrs. 

Porting doesn't have anything to do with a no service error message. A  number port could still be in process and it shouldn't say that.  Also, the member has been a customer for a couple of months.

ppatel14

I know it trivial but try:

1) power off phone,  wait 10s, turn on

2) turn on airplane mode,  wait 10s, turn off

You don't know how many times those steps solve issues easily. 

Phone is unlocked or able to accept any sim?

You havent changed "mobile networks" [hspa, etc], should select the selection with all networks.

To be more specific,  reset your network bands and reapply all by going into phone special settings. Are you familiar with that?

@Shawnmsovie wrote:

Yes my account says it’s active.

and I’ve pulled my SIM card out before and put it back in and still nothing 

@ShawnmsovieMaybe plug it into iTunes, and download updates. Might be a carrier settings issue.

ppatel14

if you ported a number in, takes 2+ hrs. 

@Shawnmsovie 

Maybe try your SIM card in another unlocked phone.  To help determine whether hardware issue versus PM service issue.  

Shawnmsovie

Yes my account says it’s active.

and I’ve pulled my SIM card out before and put it back in and still nothing 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Shawnmsovie 

Login to your self-serve and make sure that your account status is active.

If active, take your SIM card out and use a eraser to clean the contacts on your SIM card.  Put SIM card back in and restart your iPhone.

Do you see the data usage line on the overview page after login.  If you do not see the usage line similar to mine, you had used all data for your current 30 days cycle.

I have used 4172 MB out of my 5120 data allotment.

5GB at 3G Speed   4172.244  /  5120 MB

bravo_md
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

fanfan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi, did you try logging into to your online account to check if your service is still active ?  Sometimes the account can be suspended or inactive for unknown reasons.  If the online account status is active, then it comes down to the either the SIM or your phone that is the issue.

@Shawnmsovie if you are having issues after trying those suggestions here is a link to moderators https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Shawnmsovie

Yes I have done all that I’ve had the phone plan for a couple

months now and keeps kicking me on and off the service every couple days. It hasn’t worked in two days now. And yes my phone is unlocked.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Shawnmsovie  are you new to PM did you compete your sign up is your phone unlocked?

Need Help? Let's chat.