cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: My experience with Public Mobile after 2 days without use

There are various bugs on both iOS and Adroid that seem like problems, until you realize that it's not the provider, but the settings in the operating system.

Many of the bugs most of us here will never worry about, as our talk and data are unlimited for the most part.  This new plan with 50 minutes / 50 texts is an unusual plan, and everyone is learning on the go right now.

This one is definately a hassle for anyone who rarely texts, and it's really strange in my mind, that the phone dialer would be sending out the txts.  A phone dialer should have no need for this, unless it also sends regular txts.

On the iOS side, WiFi Assist is the one that hurts a lot of people, as it's on by default from Apple.  Nothing but a data hog, when your wifi is painfully slow.

Oracle

@Spellminer wrote:

Is it possible to have a moderator take this post down since now I feel really guilty for blaming Public Mobile. I take back what I said. I have went ahead and done like @will13am said he would try, after a couple reboots. My phone is fine and I have not lost anymore texts. It does seem to be something to do with Android. I guess I wrote this post out of hate since I find it weird that it wasn't happening on other carriers that I was on, but come to think of it. I never had Android O back then. Thanks again @will13am for your help in fixing this, I'll just use a third party texting/calling app.

No problem.  I appreciate the angst when you have a limited use plan and you find a hole at the bottom of the proverbial bucket and you don't know what caused it but want to point to something convenient.  I have always believed that all carriers' measurements of whatever we do is "legal tender" so to speak.  For something like that, they don't just answer to the customer but the regulators.  Often when there is discrepancy, much if not all of the cause is at the customer end. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Don't take down this thread. People need to be educated on this subject. Like me.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Well if they could take it down, that would be great since I revoke my statements from above, and will do a review later on, I can open a new thread saying about the problem and how to fix it if you'd like