cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My calls keep getting dropped.

Sonya57
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My calls keep getting dropped after about 5 minutes.  I've rebooted my phone but it keeps happening. Started happening a couple of days ago.  Is there a fix for this?

14 REPLIES 14

JHC

I got something similar:

" A known issue is preventing customers to use their voice,text or data features. We apologize for any inconvenience, please know that our technical teams are working hard on resolving the issue. We will get back to you as soon as we have an update. Thank you for understanding. Have a nice day! "

So, if we cant call, text or use data - on a sim only contract - what precisely are we paying for?

liuxinbing
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@avanthey wrote:

and I have had some fairly sensitive work calls drop. 

If it is that strict, then it is worth to spend tewnty bucks more a month for reliable ones like Bell. 

oshax
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@avanthey wrote:

I don't know how to email a moderator otherwise I would. 

In order to message the moderators follow these steps on a desktop browser.

Go to the top right of the community page and click on the letter icon.

From the Private Messages screen click on new message.

You want to send it to the "moderator_team".

Hope that helps.

oshax

Hi guys,

I got a reply back from the Mods.  Wanted to share this part:

Please note that unfortunately Public Mobile is experiencing a really unexpected problem affecting some of our clients who are getting some dropping calls. Our Technical Team is working hard on this matter.

avanthey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

YES! it has been incredibly frustrating - I think every one of my calls in the last 2 days has dropped and I have had some fairly sensitive work calls drop. I don't know how to email a moderator otherwise I would. Mine does 3 beeps then drops the call.

Sonya57

Happened to me again today.  Not dropped as many times but still frustrating.

JoeBush

My wife was on the phone with Koodo, the company she changed from to sign up with PM to straighten out her old bill and call was dropped 2 times. Shen then talked to her mother and that call was dropped 3 times.

Maybe it will gets addressed/resolved as part of the upcoming system maintenanceSmiley Happy

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/System-maintenance-On-May-5-2019-00-00-...

oshax

SAME WITH ME!

Started on the 1st and yesterday May 2nd in the afternoon it was REALLY bad.

I tested with 5 different target numbers, even one land-line.

I found some of the disconnections had only 1 beep.  Others had 2 or 3, can't remember.

I contacted Moderator team by PM yesterday, but they have not responded.

At least we know this is a network issue and we are not alone.

Hopefully they fix this soon.

Sonya57

no

Al666

same is happening with my phone. I sent an email to the mods but no one has replied. I guess they could care less. 

Mary5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My calls keep dropping too...I hear a couple of beeps and then the call is gone

JoeBush

My calls are being dropped every two minutes. I'm talking to other Public Mobile users at the time.

Starting regret going to PM!!!!!!!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Sonya57 wrote:

My calls keep getting dropped after about 5 minutes.  I've rebooted my phone but it keeps happening. Started happening a couple of days ago.  Is there a fix for this?

@Sonya57Do you hear any beeps before the line gets dropped?

Need Help? Let's chat.