cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Usage times

RobertJr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

With respect to checking on the USAGE of my service by my family I am unable to determing what time of the day the usage records are indicating. Did my daughter make/receive a text at 3:15 AM or 3:15 PM? Did my wife place a call at 11:04 AM or 11:04 PM?

The MyUsage page does NOT differentiate AM from PM and it's not in 24 hour format.

What's up with that?

You knopw the movie "iRobot" where Detective Spooner asks a question and the hologram respose from the "Doctor" replies "You have to ask the right question"? Well, THAT's what i feel like when I try to ask my question of Simon or in teh Community.

Quite frustrating to say the least. 

Good thing my service is way better than Fido was.

13 REPLIES 13

PMFanatic
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If it is text messages to 7723 then you can block them by turning off the SMS permission for your Phone app specifically. You can still send SMS text messages with your Messages app as per norm.... Below is how I blocked automatic text messages from being sent to 7723:

Phone_Permission_SMS_Fix.jpg

arlene
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You need to read the original question because originator of the question was not getting the information that you think they should receive automatically .  Thus, the addition of the app to provide this valued information for the individual who had the concern.

Arlene

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@arlene wrote:

Hi,

Sorry to confuse you. This will show the date and tme of each text.

Arlene

@arlene seems unncessary when your stock texting app almost certainly offers up this information.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

arlene

Hi,

Sorry to confuse you. This will show the date and tme of each text.

Arlene

srlawren

@arlene wrote:

I am not sure if you are apple or android-based. Regardless you should get a free ad on app text previewer.

Nothing will go until you pre-approve the sending of it.

@arlene sorry but what does this have to do with @RobertJr not being able to tell if his phone calls and texts were AM or PM?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

arlene

Hi there !!

I am not sure if you are apple or android-based. Regardless you should get a free ad on app text previewer.

Nothing will go until you pre-approve the sending of it.

Cheeres,

Arlene

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@RobertJr wrote:

With respect to checking on the USAGE of my service by my family I am unable to determing what time of the day the usage records are indicating. Did my daughter make/receive a text at 3:15 AM or 3:15 PM? Did my wife place a call at 11:04 AM or 11:04 PM?

The MyUsage page does NOT differentiate AM from PM and it's not in 24 hour format.

What's up with that?

You knopw the movie "iRobot" where Detective Spooner asks a question and the hologram respose from the "Doctor" replies "You have to ask the right question"? Well, THAT's what i feel like when I try to ask my question of Simon or in teh Community.

If I look at my usage history it would appear that PM is using the standard 12 hour clock so it would be fairly easy to work out whether the text/call happen at AM or PM.

Sorry that wasn't really a very satisfactory response to your question, however, you have a great suggestion from @srlawren about viewing your phone log.

srlawren

@RobertJr wrote:

@RobertJr okay dumb question time:  could you not just look at the phone call log and texting history on your phone to get this info? Also, is it hard to remember if you're texting your daughter in the middle of the afternoon or the middle of the night?  

'Web' usage is listed twice per day, in approximately 12h intervals.

Text and calls as you've mentioned (as well as web) do not list the AM/PM, nor do they show the 24h clock, so you have to guess when the data would be for.

I know I don't use my phone in the wee hours of the morning, so if I see 1:32 I assume it's PM unless I see multiple listings for the same date.

Of course, the easy fix is listing either 24h times or adding the AM/PM.  But as others have suggested this previously, it's still in a 'nice to have' status.

popping

@Psygineer wrote:

@ipkonfig wrote:

@Psygineer 

I am genuinely interesed in knowing why and how is your phone sending messages on its own? Have you checked the destination numbers i.e. the numbers to which your phone is seemingly sending messages? Does it happen due to malware apps in the phone?

Shouldn't be Malware, I do have Malwarebytes on there, but you never know it could have missed something. My best guess is the old S8+ (second hand off Kijiji with a damaged USB port that requires me to use wireless charging or else get the cable just right) likely reboots itself periodically then does a handshake. It's always 7723 which is Google's dialer app.

Details about the 7723 messages

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Monthly-texts-being-used-up-but-I-m-n...

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ipkonfig wrote:

@Psygineer 

I am genuinely interesed in knowing why and how is your phone sending messages on its own? Have you checked the destination numbers i.e. the numbers to which your phone is seemingly sending messages? Does it happen due to malware apps in the phone?

Shouldn't be Malware, I do have Malwarebytes on there, but you never know it could have missed something. My best guess is the old S8+ (second hand off Kijiji with a damaged USB port that requires me to use wireless charging or else get the cable just right) likely reboots itself periodically then does a handshake. It's always 7723 which is Google's dialer app.

ipkonfig

@Psygineer 

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@RobertJr wrote:

What's up with that?

I can honestly say I have never noticed the whole lack of AM/PM thing in there. The one thing that always bugs me is the fact my phone seems to send a lot of text messages despite the fact I have not used it all morning (and have not had any incoming ones). If it wasn't for the fact I have unlimited texting, I would definately be worried about that. The only reason why I bothered to mention that is because some of those texts may not even have been initatated by anyone using the phone and rather by the apps/phone itself checking in. So if you think your daughter is texting at 3:15 AM, it could have just been the phone doing its thing.I've "sent" five texts (according to "My Usage History") this morning despite my phone being out of reach on the charager. I also sent out five last night apparently.

Need Help? Let's chat.