cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Account Question...

Obice
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello - People of Public Mobile,

I noticed in my account that there is an alternate phone number option and I don't get the point of this option considering there is no verbal customer service provided by Public Mobile. So why is that an option? Recovery? If so, why not just use your main Public Mobile line?

14 REPLIES 14

@Karnbot13 wrote:

@LovesToPM wrote:

@ruthlinley wrote:

Absolutely. I totally agree with you here.

@ruthlinley 

As there are 2 pages of posts, please click on the Quote button when replying to a post.

Otherwise noone will know who you are answering or replying to.

Unless it was edited, my browser shows they were replying to your post about being the lowest cost provider

You are correct that the post was edited afterwards. Smiley Happy

Karnbot13

@LovesToPM wrote:

@ruthlinley wrote:

@ruthlinley 

As there are 2 pages of posts, please click on the Quote button when replying to a post.

Unless it was edited, my browser shows they were replying to your post about being the lowest cost provider

@ruthlinley wrote:

@ruthlinley 

ruthlinley
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@LovesToPM wrote:

@Obice 

If you factor in any one of the rewards, PM is the lowest cost provider in Canada.

@Obice 

If you factor in any one of the rewards, PM is the lowest cost provider in Canada.

Snow1man

They say there is no support as such, but if need be i guess this is a way for them to get in touch with you for some reason.

Obice

@LovesToPM wrote:

@Obice wrote:

The fact that they CAN contact you means that they have some sort of customer service but won't give out the number publicly.

The savings are reflected in Public Mobile plan prices.
There are definitely higher costs to have resources available to answer calls.

Give it whatever justification you need to feel better about paying for the service.

It's deception, plain and simple. You know who else has similar prices to Public Mobile? Lucky Mobile and Chatr Mobile, and both of those offer verbal customer service at an additional cost because they too WANT you to do it yourself.

ruthlinley

As far as I understand, the alternate phone number is used if there is a problem with the port or if PM finds that they need more information from you. I also read in another discussion that it can be used to verify that you are the owner of the account should you have forgotten your pin number. 

@Obice  When activating in the porting section there is a spot to put an alternate number. This is I assume in case your port fails and there is no other way to reach you they can contact you. When i help activate a referral especially if its remotely i will put my number in there if the referral has no other number to be contacted by public mobile. Or they have no access to the internet to be able to contact public mobile. It can also be used for verification purposes. It doesnt even have to be real number but if youre the only person that knows what is there if anything it's an identifier.

@Obice wrote:

The fact that they CAN contact you means that they have some sort of customer service but won't give out the number publicly.

The savings are reflected in Public Mobile plan prices.
There are definitely higher costs to have resources available to answer calls.

Obice

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Obice wrote:

I noticed in my account that there is an alternate phone number option and I don't get the point of this option considering there is no verbal customer service provided by Public Mobile. So why is that an option? Recovery? If so, why not just use your main Public Mobile line?

@Obice This is just an extra number through which PM can contact you in case of any emergency or other issue related to your main number, I guess.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Obice wrote:

Different companies will usually ask for alternate contact method.

Let's say I made a successful payment with an unauthorized credit card. Soon my PM account will be suspended, my phone will no longer work and Public Mobile may choose to contact me concerning my unpaid bill.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@Obice  I believe I've seen it mentioned, that it's a way to contact you in case there's some sort of problem with your account. When I signed up, I wasn't sure what it was for, but thought that's PROBABLY what it was, so I input my wife's cell #

Need Help? Let's chat.