cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple phones on one account

Whitbyaus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I have four phones on one account with Koodo. I would like to change to public mobile. Can I port all four numbers over, I am happy to have four separate accounts with public mobile thanks

10 REPLIES 10

Great info I have another phone with telus I would like to switch over as well.

KamWest
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Having 3 accounts has always bothered me.

I have 3 different phone numbers and 3 different email addresses registered.

I administrate all of my families accounts.

I wish I could just us one email address and have the drop down with the account number change the account details.

This logging in and out 3 times everytime I need to check something is just silly.

Public needs to work on the technology end a bit. I understand this is basic service but it should not be a basic interface.

Whitbyaus

Thank you very much

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Whitbyaus wrote:

Hello, I have four phones on one account with Koodo. I would like to change to public mobile. Can I port all four numbers over, I am happy to have four separate accounts with public mobile thanks

@Whitbyaus  Yes you can. Recommendations:

1. Activate one PM sim at a time and pick a Public Mobile temp number during activation.
  2. Get a referral code to get a $10 credit on your first activation
  3. Port over one of the non primary numbers on the account using your online selfserve account.
  4. Repeat for the second number and use the first number as the referral.
  5. Repeat for the third number and use the 2nd number as the referral.
  6. Repeat for the primary number (4th) and use the 3rd number as the referral.

At this point your Koodo account automatically closes and welcome to PM! :smileyhappy

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Whitbyaus you can put any name you want on the accounts!  

Whitbyaus

Thank you

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Whitbyaus , number porting from Koodo is definitely possible.  Postpaid is self serve porting.  Prepaid porting requires moderator team assistance. 

Whitbyaus

@Whitbyaus wrote:

And further to this can I have separate names on theaccounts

Edit by mimmo removed self solution

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Each number  needs a seperate account.  Remember to use the first accounts referal code for the next account. That gets you 10$ account credit.

Activate on different dates if using the same cc to avoid autopay issues. 

If you need a referal on the first account ask someone in this thead. 

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

One line, one SIM and one account per e-mail.

You can use Gmail aliases, though.

You can also use one credit card for several accounts, however, I suggest staggering the sign up/renewal dates so that you don't trigger the fraud alert on the card.

Don't forget to take advantage of the referral rewards.

Need Help? Let's chat.