cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple numbers on one account

Wilmes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anyone know how to register 2 phone numbers to one account?

14 REPLIES 14

@brucereid wrote:

Just trying to understand the limitation. In the top right corner of the status page, the account number shows up in a pull-down. When I pull it down, I see my one account number. This looks like it was designed to list more than one account, but everyone here says that they don't allow that. This makes me wonder why they bothered with the pull-down. Strange.

The misleading dropdown is a holdover from using the same portal code from the Telus and/or Koodo systems... but the limit is truly one number per account/email address with Public Mobile.

Katdog

I've wondered about this too...I'm an ex-bell customer and had two phones on one account. I am now a happy PM customer that has three phone plans with more features for much less than 'ol ma-bell. (I detested when they'd ding me for 3MB overage). Nontheless, PM requires a unique e-mail for each phone number. You can auto-pay with the same card of course. This just eliminates customer communication issues. I'm sure that account pulldown will be removed during the next website update. Check this post:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Two-phones-on-one-plan/m-p/465640#M5884...

brucereid

Just trying to understand the limitation. In the top right corner of the status page, the account number shows up in a pull-down. When I pull it down, I see my one account number. This looks like it was designed to list more than one account, but everyone here says that they don't allow that. This makes me wonder why they bothered with the pull-down. Strange.

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Skip wrote:

I wish this was an option as well.  I just tried the workaround (email+1234@gmail.com) and although it did not link the accounts, I did receive the emails for both accounts to my email@gmail.com account.  Also the second login actually needed to be email+1234@gmail.com.

Gmail also doesn't recognize the "." symbol in gmail addresses. So one account could be email@gmail.com and another could be e.mail@gmail.com and messages sent to both addresses would go to the same account.

@jonny109 wrote:

This has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard?  I need to create a second email account just to activate my wife's phone?  

Come on guys... put in a little effort.

Even the crappy Fizz service allows this and they just started.

@jonny109  PM does not offer family plans or multiple numbers per account. Even one number per account is a challenge to handle sometimes when things go wrong. Smiley Happy Imagine multiple plans per account.

th6VSNGSFA.jpg

But if you like Fizz.....then why are you here?

jonny109
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard?  I need to create a second email account just to activate my wife's phone?  

Come on guys... put in a little effort.

Even the crappy Fizz service allows this and they just started.

Skip
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I wish this was an option as well.  I just tried the workaround (email+1234@gmail.com) and although it did not link the accounts, I did receive the emails for both accounts to my email@gmail.com account.  Also the second login actually needed to be email+1234@gmail.com.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Gwaiiguy wrote:

Getting a dual SIM phone could be a work around...but you would have to get an account for each sim.

@Gwaiiguy how would that help with this thread?  The OP is not asking for multiple phone numbers on a single phone, but rather on a single account.

@leocao_sh wrote:

the new iphone has dual sim.

@leocao_sh well, in a manner of speaking. It only has one physical SIM slot, which for the forseeable future is the only thing you can use with Public Mobile (since there is no support for eSIM at Public Mobile yet and not mention of it in the works even).  I still prefer and enjoy dual physical SIM cards.  But regardless, see my reply just above to @Gwaiiguy since dual SIM isn't at all what the OP is asking about.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

leocao_sh

the new iphone has dual sim.

fonzy35
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Looks like they can't..

I ask the same question 1 or 1-1/2 months ago, i wish they could

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Wilmes  the closest we can get is using email aliases like the gmail + trick ie name@gmail.com and name+123@gmail.com both go to name@gmail.com

Gwaiiguy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Getting a dual SIM phone could be a work around...but you would have to get an account for each sim.

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It’s not available, PM is each account to each individual.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wilmes wrote:

Anyone know how to register 2 phone numbers to one account?

You can't.

Need Help? Let's chat.