cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Accounts Using the Same Credit Card for Auto Pay

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

We have had plenty of past discussions about how the same credit card cannot be registered in more than 2 accounts for auto pay.  I had reported that I experienced this impediment during activation of a third account.  I was able to break the barrier by using an alternate credit card during account activation and then replacing the credit card after the account was successfully activated.  Even then it took a number of tries to get the system to accept the same credit card in a third account.  I want to report that I added the same credit card to another account this morning and it worked the very first time.  This was done using chrome version 63.0.3239.132 (normal mode, no icognito, browser cache not cleared prior) on a computer running windows 10.  I wonder if this problem with limitations on how many times a credit card can be used in multiple accounts has been resolved.  It never made sense to me why a limit could ever be reached as accounts are independent.  To the system, it should not be comparing account credentials and tracking how many times a credit card is used.  Those using the same credit card for auto pay on more than 2 accounts, please weigh in with your recent experiences. 

13 REPLIES 13

leetamus
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good to know about taxes, cheers. 

I've tried all the typical suggestions of clearing cache/incognito/different browser. No luck. Credit card works fine with one account, doesnt' for another.

@leetamus wrote:

I can't even use my credit card on two accounts. It says my bank has denied this which is not the case. I use my credit card all the time including automatic payments for other services and obviously also my first of two public mobile accounts. 

Super annoying having to hit a walmart for a prepaid card once a month... moreso because you get taxed twice which is BS. It would sure be nice to just avoid all this and include PayPal in the payment options.

Try clearing your browser cache, use incognito mode and/or a different browser. Also waiting overnight and trying again might help.

BTW, you will not be taxed twice if using vouchers. Sales tax  will be applied at the point of sale for the top up. Say you buy $50 of vouchers in BC the merchant will charge you $6 taxes and you'll have $50 available funds from which the plan cost without tax will be deducted. If you top up with your credit card, the charge is $50 + $6 for GST&BCPST. $50 will be in available funds and plan cost without tax will be deducted.

The only difference between having a card number on file or not is getting the auto pay rewards.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@leetamusnot sure why you think double taxed. But easy way to buy a voucher is recharge.com

They charge a service fee but no taxes.

leetamus

I can't even use my credit card on two accounts. It says my bank has denied this which is not the case. I use my credit card all the time including automatic payments for other services and obviously also my first of two public mobile accounts. 

Super annoying having to hit a walmart for a prepaid card once a month... moreso because you get taxed twice which is BS. It would sure be nice to just avoid all this and include PayPal in the payment options.

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@golfradio wrote:

I have 3 lines with the same credit card used for autopay for more than 4 months now. No issues.

This is great to know! I'll probably be doing the same soon. 😄

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Julio1, Please report back an keep us posted as to how it goes.  Are all of the renewals on the same date, or are they staggered out?  Same amounts?  If they are staggered out, and are of different ammounts, then it is less likely to cause a problem.

Julio1

I now have 4 accounts on the same credit card.  All set up after multiple payments on each account had been processed.  Credit card expired so I consolidated.  Set up was easy enough, now to see if they all process properly.

TCity
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks. I decided to give it a shot, and it worked no problem. 

golfradio

I have 3 lines with the same credit card used for autopay for more than 4 months now. No issues.

TCity

Anyone try this lately? Going to be activating a third account later and hoping to be able to use the same credit card for autopay as I use for the other two. Would you recommend I use a different credit card for the first payment and then switch to the normal one for the 2nd month and beyond? 

wrote:

Would have bene great if they sent  those of us using the same credit card the same email, they are declining my card saying they can't verify my card, which is a joke since they had no problem processing payments for 13 months from me for both accounts.

You have just two accounts on the same credit card and you are having problems?  The problems usually occur at account number 3 and beyond.  I am not saying that the problem has been resolved for sure.  Given how much trouble I went through to use a workaround for account 3 and how easy it was today, I am making an educated guess that something must have changed for the better.  It is possible i was really lucky.  That's why I am hoping to see others share their experiences. 

Apart from having problems with using the same credit many times, I have experienced none of the other issues that affect many other customers.  

kht416

Would have bene great if they sent  those of us using the same credit card the same email, they are declining my card saying they can't verify my card, which is a joke since they had no problem processing payments for 13 months from me for both accounts.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

mmmmmm (just creating an atmosphere here. )

Great catch from you @will13am, I hope it is a system wide change . 

Need Help? Let's chat.