cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multimedia

jaysonnuera
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there about multumedia message i notice i am sending to all my contacts a multimedia message i am so confuse i never send anything or rexeive anyultimedia message help guys?

5 REPLIES 5

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Unless you turn your phone's Mobile Data on, it will not send any pictures. If you are in a place that has open Wifi, you can send your pictures through the WiFi and not be charged but the mobile setting has to be turned on.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jaysonnuera wrote:

Hi there about multumedia message i notice i am sending to all my contacts a multimedia message i am so confuse i never send anything or rexeive anyultimedia message help guys?

@jaysonnuera okay so is the issue that you are sending texts but they are being received as multimedia messages?  Or is the issue that somehow multimedia messages are being sent to your contacts without you having done anything at all?  If the latter, it might be a rogue/malware application doing this.  What is it sending?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@slash407 wrote:

u could have it set on group messaging?

I was going to add this as well.  The SMS standard is too old to work properly with group messaging.  So MMS is needed to fill the gap. 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@jaysonnuera wrote:

@jaysonnueraCan you tell us what specific phone you have?

Some phones have an option to either send message as "MMS" or "SMS" and may have been toggled by either default, or by accident.

Multimedia does not always mean audio / video. It may contain a subject, or just contain a special characters / more than 160 characters / phone specific emoticons / multiple parties etc or just be a regular message with the MMS option enabled...

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jaysonnuera, I am not exactly sure what the problem is?  You are saying you are sending your contacts MMS?  Depending on the messaging, MMS is invoked in certain ways.  Maybe you are doing that by mistake.  It is not an issue with the service which simply provides you access to messaging if it is part of the plan. 

Need Help? Let's chat.