cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving on.... time to say bye Public Mobile, and soon to the Telus family

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sorry to say that it’s time to move on and make my exit of the Public Mobile community as I have ported over to Koodo, and it appears that I’ve found an option that will fully extract me from the Telus world.

It’s been a trip - right from the initial porting issues, to the “pay more for less” campaign, to the reduction of service options, and finally the most recent news of our bills increasing by $10 a month.

I’ve enjoyed my time with you all, it’s been fun and spirited at times. I hope that I was able to help a few people out along the way. Happy to say that I even made it in to the top 5% a few times.

@Dave_M: It appears that the idea of building a brand based on trust and community may  not be possible when driven by shareholders profit margins, with that said I bet this would have gone over with different results if the need for an increase in revenue was approached differently. Would I have given up some of my credits if I knew that Public Mobile needed the help? Absolutely yes. But the approach taken broke my trust and what was almost a cult following of people trying to help PM succeed. (I do know that some peeps would have been upset no matter what changed unfortunately)

I had a couple of referrals and over 8 friends who are/were PM clients all on the same path as me... all of whom I convinced to join Public Mobile, all of whom I convinced to stay even though a few were without service for several days during the initial port over. So a bit of a hit on the personal brand for me.

Anyhow, a loooong exit email to really say....

Thanks @CS_Agent - you are awesome.

Thanks Oracles - great job supporting PM clients for very little in return.

Thanks to the Community for a few good laughs and some help along the way.

Wishing you all the best (Including Public Mobile)!

VR

10 REPLIES 10

TheOldVR

@ShawnC13 ... it will be a huge loss if PM lost any Oracle... hope you don’t leave for their sake.

Cheers!

TheOldVR

@Watoko - you’re right man, I remember you too!

I'm not calling for a boycott.... it’s just a personal thing that I’ll move on after a move like we had happen here.

Good luck mate - hope you find a deal for yourself too!

denkom
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Best wishes!

closng

Good luck to you @TheOldVR, sad to see another member go 😞

@pakmode @TheOldVR I am downtrodden, but understand. 😫

Good luck. Enjoy each day.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

pakmode

I switched over yesterday in store as well. 

Sad to leave PM, but the offer from Koodo was just too good to pass up. 

With all the points/gift card deals this weekend, it was an offer I could not refuse. 

If anybody needs a Koodo referral let me know by sending a direct message. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@TheOldVR, totally understand your decision.  I am on top of the fence leaning to the Koodo side.  I have a sim ordered just not sure if I will take the final step.  Thank you for your time and contributions here and I know that you have helped people and made the community a better place when you visited!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Watoko

Good bye @TheOldVR. I remember you from day 1! Totally agree with you on PM's direction and the unfortunate reality of Telus' corporate control but it is what it is.

What is this complete boycott of Telus services you speak of? Man Surprised

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@TheOldVR  very eliquently said.  good luck and glad you found a transition that serves you well.

CalvinW

Bye bye 

Need Help? Let's chat.