cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from Ace to Galaxy

mike521
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I use a Samsung Ace but  was recently given a Galaxy  S5 by a friend that I would like to start using.  The SIM cards are completely different, so it is not a simple matter of switching the SIMcards. I understand that one can snip/alter/cut up the larger ( in size) SIM card from the Ace to make it fit the Galaxy SPOT , but I would rather not take that chance of ruining the card. Also because this site is in beta I cannot order another SIM card.

How can I transfer all memory , number and contact info to the Galaxy from the Ace?    

2 REPLIES 2

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@mike521, Unless you are willing to waits days even then you may or may not receive the sim so I suggest you tube for instructions on how to cut it with just regular sharp scissors. Its actually very easy to do and honestly it's not rocket science.

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@mike521,

The Galaxy S5 need a microSIM.

The fastest way is to have your actual SIM card cutted to microSIM. Some shops do it for you with a precision cutter.

OR

How to request a FREE replacement SIM card by email ?

Click on this link : https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/contact-us

Then, at the bottom right of the page, click on "Email away" button.

- Choose ""

- Choose ""

- Choose ""

- Choose "

Important: Make sure you provide us a full mailing address, an alternate contact number, and the size of the SIM card (Nano/Standard/Micro) needed. Is should look like this:

Replacement SIM.png

All SIM card replacement orders will be processed within two business days, but it may take up to 7 business days to receive your new SIM.

If you did not receive your SIM card within the timeframe, please check your mailbox before sending us an email.

Once you receive your replacement SIM card, you have to update your SIM card number on your account by login to your self serve account, then click on "Change SIM card number"

Need Help? Let's chat.