cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderators

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

I've noticed that moderators have been openly contributing to discussions in the Forum lately.  Are moderators monitoring the Forum now ?  Do we still need to get Simple Simon involved if moderators are lurking ?

10 REPLIES 10

Log into My Account / Plan Details to see your current phone number. You can change numbers once every 30 days.

If it doesn't show your new number, try again, but clear your cache files and try a different web browser, using incognito mode.

tylermckay98
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have moved to Spruce Grove Alberta and I have been trying to change my cell phone number to the area.  I have tried numerous times with it continually telling me that the change of number has failed.

I have followed all the directions and still it is failing.

Thank you

Tyler McKay

@dabr wrote:

I can see that would be useful for training purposes for new moderators, but perhaps an important part of training should empasize that when moderators respond in the community, that they also post a link for private messaging when requesting personal information, just as you noted in another thread.

Public Mobile doesn't want customers using private messages to open tickets.  They want as many customers as possible (except when it's not possible) to use SIMon. Posting that private messaging link, I would say most of the time, is going against the company line.  Also, there have been a bunch of incorrect links posted, as well as posts telling members to contact them for issues already resolved or asking members to contact them about issues that moderators can't do anything about.

@dabr  "In training" evidently means learning from the Community, so, moderators' poor posts should be corrected as diligently as any other new user. Robot Frustrated

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@dabr wrote:

I've noticed that too, just in the last half hour or so, there have been at least half a dozen responses from the moderators, and as @GR noted sometimes it's within minutes of a user posting a question.

Perhaps SIMon is working as intended and allowing for a faster submission of issues to moderators enabling them to apply a quicker resolution and response. 

Looking at the list of online users and the number of moderator usernames that hasn't been seen before, it's clear that there are many brand new moderators.  I would expect that during training, that there would be more than usual online at any given time.

I can see that would be useful for training purposes for new moderators, but perhaps an important part of training should empasize that when moderators respond in the community, that they also post a link for private messaging when requesting personal information, just as you noted in another thread.

@dabr wrote:

I've noticed that too, just in the last half hour or so, there have been at least half a dozen responses from the moderators, and as @GR noted sometimes it's within minutes of a user posting a question.

Perhaps SIMon is working as intended and allowing for a faster submission of issues to moderators enabling them to apply a quicker resolution and response. 

Looking at the list of online users and the number of moderator usernames that hasn't been seen before, it's clear that there are many brand new moderators.  I would expect that during training, that there would be more than usual online at any given time.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@hairbag1 wrote:

I've noticed that moderators have been openly contributing to discussions in the Forum lately.  Are moderators monitoring the Forum now ?  Do we still need to get Simple Simon involved if moderators are lurking ?

Might need to start returning those empties! 🙂

Public mobile wants us to use simple simon but i really cant stand the guy. So i just dont bother and i just private message the moderators. Its very rare for me to have an urgent issue so i just wait til i see a few mods online and jump on my chance and private message them. Its been very effective in getting my account issues resolved in about an hour....well except that one time. That wasnt going to get resolved with that moderator period. I'm not sure if pm noticed my dirty little habit but they sent me out a survey on using Simon versus private message which I happily answered. I guess we'll see what if anything comes of that.

By the looks of it there's a few more and new moderators, there's names I've never seen before.  The last few days sometimes they comment on a new post that's only 10 minutes old to help the person with the account problem which is a good thing!  For now it looks like there's no more 48 hour wait

@hairbag1 wrote:

Moderators cannot make changes to a customer's account until identity is verified. For that reason, customers are required in most cases to use SIMon to open a ticket.  I fully realize that private messages can be sent to moderators, but Public Mobile prefers customers to use the SIMon ticketing form instead.

Need Help? Let's chat.