cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderators?

MasonH
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anyone know how long I have to wait for the moderator to message me back? I added $25 to reactivate my plan and for some reason the money just went into my account balance without reactivating my plan. I've messaged the 'moderators' 3 days ago. Still haven't heard anything. I need my phone for work I'm on the verge of getting canned. Please any information would be awesome. Thank you

16 REPLIES 16

@Frankguo wrote:

Hi Moderator, 

I have just purchased a sim card and activated the phone following the instruction. But I can't make phone calls. It says "not registered online". I logged into the public mobile website and tried to get help. Following the chat instruction, I set up APN and restart the phone. But it still does not work. But when I call the number on another phone, it goes to the voice mail directly. 

It is a Samsung Note 5 phone. What shall I do? 

@Frankguo  Are you sure you activated the card? Did you receive an email from PM after completing your activation.

Frankguo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Moderator, 

I have just purchased a sim card and activated the phone following the instruction. But I can't make phone calls. It says "not registered online". I logged into the public mobile website and tried to get help. Following the chat instruction, I set up APN and restart the phone. But it still does not work. But when I call the number on another phone, it goes to the voice mail directly. 

It is a Samsung Note 5 phone. What shall I do? 

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It's been a week so far with no response for me. They seem pretty backlogged at the moment.

MasonH

Number 2 did it! Thank you so much!

MasonH

I don't have a debit Visa or credit card. Trust me, I've been trying to get something that I can use. It's the only thing that I haven't tried. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@MasonH wrote:

I tried all of those ideas, a couple times too. I've sent them 4 messages already and one to a different 'moderator' as well. It's unreal.. thank you for replies though! Much appreciated! 🙂

Sorry to hear nothing is working for you.  I'm quite surprised that you haven't heard back by now.  I had to contact them recently and received a response within 24 hours, so not sure why it's been so long for you.  Hopefully, you'll hear back soon.  Good luck!

Please try adding $1 to your account as suggested by @Anonymous . This sometimes gets things working. Let us know how you make out.

Good luck.

MasonH

I tried all of those ideas, a couple times too. I've sent them 4 messages already and one to a different 'moderator' as well. It's unreal.. thank you for replies though! Much appreciated! 🙂

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@MasonH wrote:

I did the lost/stolen trick and it's saying my plan is activated but I don't have any service. Can't call or text. I restarted my phone twice already

While you're waiting to hear back from the moderators, you could try powering off you phone and remove the SIM, wait a few minutes and re-insert SIM and restart your phone. 

Since it's been 3 days since you messaged the moderator, I would send another message right a way too. 

MasonH

I did the lost/stolen trick and it's saying my plan is activated but I don't have any service. Can't call or text. I restarted my phone twice already

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MasonH wrote:

So it's saying that my plan is reactivated but I can't send or receive texts and can't make calls..it says that I don't have calling as part of my plan when I do. I have the $25 plan for unlimited calling and texts

Two things to try:
1. Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

2. Manually add $1 into your account and restart the phone.

MasonH

So it's saying that my plan is reactivated but I can't send or receive texts and can't make calls..it says that I don't have calling as part of my plan when I do. I have the $25 plan for unlimited calling and texts

MasonH

Okay I'll try that. Thank you

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@MasonH wrote:

Anyone know how long I have to wait for the moderator to message me back? I added $25 to reactivate my plan and for some reason the money just went into my account balance without reactivating my plan. I've messaged the 'moderators' 3 days ago. Still haven't heard anything. I need my phone for work I'm on the verge of getting canned. Please any information would be awesome. Thank you

@MasonH  Adding the $25 into you account balance will not re-activate you account you need to do it manualy. Login into your selfserve account and hit the reactivate button and restart your phone. If it still doesn't work. While you are waiting for the moderator to respond, you may try the lost/stolen phone trick:

Warning: By perforning the following procedure there is a strong chance that you will have to forfeit your AutoPay reward for the current period. If you have AutoPay enabled use at your own risk.

To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. Wait 15 minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phone

MasonH

My balance is $33 and it says please make a payment to reactivate your plan. I thought about switching my plan to see if that would work but I'm afraid that it might wipe my balance to zero. 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Have you been into your self service account? 

What did you see?

Need Help? Let's chat.