cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderator team

Keimj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How long dose it take to get a response from the moderate team I sent an email Sunday with nothing yet Iam trying to port in my wife phone number to an active public Mobile number thanks 

19 REPLIES 19

@nadcooke following @JoyLuck 's excellent advice to use Simon to contact a moderator (Customer service here)

Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

@nadcooke wrote:

i need to bring in my koodo number please

1. As a new customer, we recommend porting a number at activation with the exception of Koodo Prepaid customers. 
    • We have made some system enhancements to improve the success rate of this activity. So long as the correct information is entered, this process should be seamless
  2. All other customers: To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

nadcooke
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i need to bring in my koodo number please

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@HM01 wrote:

Hello Moderator Team,

New month just started today.  haven't use any talk mins.  but the mins of mine is 90 mins now.  

Please assist

Thank you. 

This isn't the way to get the moderators' attention. Either send a PM here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

OR:

Use the new support system here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help

HM01

Hello Moderator Team,

New month just started today.  haven't use any talk mins.  but the mins of mine is 90 mins now.  

Please assist

Thank you. 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

The original messenger is advised that they need permission to access the other account tho. So it should happen eventually either way. @LovesToPM 

@ChuckYeahThis is really important information.

No wonder, some customers are saying they never hear back from Mods.

Customers should also be looking on community account with account owner's email address.

Thanks for sharing! Smiley Happy

Edit: Thanks again! It's good to know.

As @LovesToPM says, it is best to send the msg to the moderators from the account that is affected; however, as I found when I did the same thing for my son, the Moderators simply Personal Messaged the affected client (my son and in your case, your wife) and she just gives the ok to access her account.

So if you're original message came from your account, you are not in for much of an issue when the mods respond.

Have you created a community account for her. She'll need one to recieve the message from the mods.

zero_gravity

Things are definitely slow with the support people right now. I'm still waiting approaching 48 hours.

I have no problem with the limited support here, but we should be able to get a response within a timely manner. Cutting back on support staff, are we?

@Keimj wrote:

just checked and the port was completed now thanks for all the information 

For future reference, solutions should not be given to one's self.  Please consider giving it to somneone in the thread who has helped you fix something or provided the correct answer to your questions.

Keimj

just checked and the port was completed now thanks for all the information 

@Keimj wrote:

porting for koodo perpaid 

If you haven't already done so, you can initiate the port request yourself via Self-Serve account (as mentioned by @GinYVR)

You will need to give the phone number
- Your account number with old provider
- Full name as registered with old provider

Since your old provider is Koodo prepaid, you will need Moderator assistance to complete the port.

Since you are trying to port over to your wife's account, it would make sense to private message the Moderator_team from your wife's community account.

JackQuint

I would re-message them after 48 hours. They say that's the window and if they don't respond by then, it's completely fair to put in another request.

@KeimjYou do  know there is only messaging via this forum and on actual email right? Just want to be clear.

I don't think it makes a difference who is doing it as long as the relevant information matches.

@KeimjYou do have to hear back from the Moderators, but you can still use the form and submit the relevant information, so there is less back and forth.

Keimj

also dose it make a diffence if iam sending the email to do the port for my wife 

Keimj

porting for koodo perpaid 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@KeimjWhich provider are your porting from? Have you tried the online form yet? If you haven't use that, it can potentially bypass the moderators and get it done in a few hours depending on your previous provider.

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 10.31.24 AM.png

goldilock

@Keimj It takes aproximately 48 hours, depending on volume it could be sooner or take longer to get a response from a moderator. 

Sent an e-mail or private message?  If you don't hear back by tomorrow, you could try again

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To complete porting a number it can take 2 business days up to a week, depending on your current cell provider as it's up to them when they release the phone number to public mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.