cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderator team response time

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

A day ago, I mentioned in a response to someone else's thread that I had my first ever account issue that led to service suspension.  Well, my issue has been resolved about an hour ago.  The turnaround time was 27 hours.  I don't know what to say about the long wait times people are experiencing in recent times.  I suppose the conspiracy theorists can say that I have access to a red phone and I get special treatement, etc., etc.  In my private message to the moderator team, I did not bring up anything about my community status, include threatening words, mention about how hard done by I am not having a functional service, the long wait times...  It was a business like message, with full details of my issue and most importantly identification of the account in question with appropriate account verification.  All it took was one message and my problem is solved.  

14 REPLIES 14

@phonemancan wrote:

Hi again @will13am.

I thought I should bring you and fellow community members up to date on the Moderator Team response time issue. Below is what has transpired since my last update.

2nd REPLY WAS FINALLY RECEIVED 11 DAYS AFTER INITIAL SIGN-UP

Moderator_Team   Thursday, January 10, 2019 7:55 am.

Re: Still NO service

Hi there Dennis.

Thank you for getting back to us today. I am very sorry about this situation. My name is Khaled and I'll be very glad to assist you in rectifying this matter.

I checked out your account, and still found some technical issues on our end. Therefore, I've sent out a service ticket (#000000009093698) to fix this issue. This operation may take from 24 to 48 hours to be handled by our technicians.

Again I apologize for any inconvenience this issue has created.

I hope the information I have provided suits you and feel free to get back to me if you need more clarification or if you have any questions.  Also, your feedback about our interaction would be highly appreciated. May I ask you to fill out this short survey?

Here is the link: https://web.cicicresearch.com/wix/p1058825.aspx?agent=KhaledA

Have a great day!

Khaled.

EIGTH MESSAGE WAS SENT 11 DAYS AFTER SIGN-UP. STILL NO SERVICE

To: Moderator_Team 

Sent: ‎01-10-2019 10:57 AM

Hello Khaled

Thanks for getting back to me. Today is the 11th day from my initial sign-up and payment for my Public Mobile service so what's another day or so without cellular service. 

I would appreciate receiving much more detail on these "technical issues on your end" as well as a "more exact time frame" to resolve those "technical issues".

I also expect that a credit to my account will be made to compensate for the airtime I've lost because of the lack of service. 

I look forward to receiving your quickest reply.

Regards,

Dennis Ryan

P.S. I will take the survey AFTER my cellular service is connected and I’ve had a chance to test it.

So boys and girls...it looks like this NO SERVICE problem could hit 13 days or maybe even longer. I'll let you all know when this issue is finally resolved.

Sorry for your bad luck. 

phonemancan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi again @will13am.

I thought I should bring you and fellow community members up to date on the Moderator Team response time issue. Below is what has transpired since my last update.

2nd REPLY WAS FINALLY RECEIVED 11 DAYS AFTER INITIAL SIGN-UP

Moderator_Team   Thursday, January 10, 2019 7:55 am.

Hi there Dennis.

Thank you for getting back to us today. I am very sorry about this situation. My name is Khaled and I'll be very glad to assist you in rectifying this matter.

I checked out your account, and still found some technical issues on our end. Therefore, I've sent out a service ticket (#000000009093698) to fix this issue. This operation may take from 24 to 48 hours to be handled by our technicians.

Again I apologize for any inconvenience this issue has created.

I hope the information I have provided suits you and feel free to get back to me if you need more clarification or if you have any questions.  Also, your feedback about our interaction would be highly appreciated. May I ask you to fill out this short survey?

Here is the link: https://web.cicicresearch.com/wix/p1058825.aspx?agent=KhaledA

Have a great day!

Khaled.

EIGTH MESSAGE WAS SENT 11 DAYS AFTER SIGN-UP. STILL NO SERVICE

To: Moderator_Team 

Sent: ‎01-10-2019 10:57 AM

Hello Khaled

Thanks for getting back to me. Today is the 11th day from my initial sign-up and payment for my Public Mobile service so what's another day or so without cellular service. 

I would appreciate receiving much more detail on these "technical issues on your end" as well as a "more exact time frame" to resolve those "technical issues".

I also expect that a credit to my account will be made to compensate for the airtime I've lost because of the lack of service. 

I look forward to receiving your quickest reply.

Regards,

Dennis Ryan

P.S. I will take the survey AFTER my cellular service is connected and I’ve had a chance to test it.

So boys and girls...it looks like this NO SERVICE problem could hit 13 days or maybe even longer. I'll let you all know when this issue is finally resolved.

@phonemancan wrote:

Good morning @will13am

Thank you so much for giving me a  "Bravo" for my post. After receiving an email regarding the Bravo from you I found a "click here" button that would take me to my private statistics. Wow. Was I ever surprised. In my earlier post I said that I had viewed almost 500 posts and replies in the last 10 days. My "Private Statistics" actually shows:     

Total Page Views                  623

Total Messages Read         1370

Total Board Views                     6

Total Sign-ins                           33

Total Minutes Online              818.

If you hadn't given me that Bravo I would have never found that page.  Thanks again.

No problem.  This is what the community forum is all about.  We come here to learn about the service, get help, give help.  Lithium keeps some pretty crazy stats on everything that we do here.  That is the internet, leave your privacy at the front door before you enter. 

phonemancan

Good morning @will13am

Thank you so much for giving me a  "Bravo" for my post. After receiving an email regarding the Bravo from you I found a "click here" button that would take me to my private statistics. Wow. Was I ever surprised. In my earlier post I said that I had viewed almost 500 posts and replies in the last 10 days. My "Private Statistics" actually shows:     

Total Page Views                  623

Total Messages Read         1370

Total Board Views                     6

Total Sign-ins                           33

Total Minutes Online              818.

If you hadn't given me that Bravo I would have never found that page.  Thanks again.

phonemancan

Thanks for the tip.

Frankly though, I'd much rather not think about calling an ambulance. I live alone and I'd just like to have my phone working again.

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@computergeek541 wrote:

@phonemancan wrote:

And, God forbid, if I have a heart attack and need to call for an ambulance I'll be **bleep** out of luck

It's really bad that you've been waiting so long to get your service fixed.

However, you should be aware that you do not need your service to be working to call an ambulance.  Calls to 911 will go through even if you don't have a working sim card, or even no sim card in the phone.

@computergeek541Thank god for "emergency calls only'

@phonemancan wrote:

And, God forbid, if I have a heart attack and need to call for an ambulance I'll be **bleep** out of luck

It's really bad that you've been waiting so long to get your service fixed.

However, you should be aware that you do not need your service to be working to call an ambulance.  Calls to 911 will go through even if you don't have a working sim card, or even no sim card in the phone.

phonemancan

Hello will13am. Thanks for sharing your details regarding moderator team response time. I wish I could be so lucky to have a turnaround time of just 27 hours. For my problem I'm approaching 180 hours and I still have NO Service at all from the date of account and SIM activation to the present time. In all fairness, I must admit that I did receive a reply in just over 140 hours but, that was just a request for account verification.

Being new to Public Mobile I have learned alot about how to send "private messages" rather than posting to the community. I have viewed almost 500 posts and replies in the last 10 days covering numerous topics and have found many of them contained important information or tips. Alas, I still have no cell service but I have gained the knowledge that you can't believe everything you read. The first post I read on Moderator Team respone time suggested that a wait period of a couple of hours to 24 hours was the norm. Later posts said the turnaround time could be as much as 2 days. More reading produced information that the reply time could hit 2 to 3 days and then even 4 days. 

So, I thought I should share my wait times with the community and especially new customers, so they have a realistic view of customer service (or lack there of) provided by Public Mobile. The motto on the SIM card should have given me a hint on what to expect from PM but, "LESS for LESS" doesn't really equate either. In my case it should be "NOTHING for LESS" as I paid my money on December 31st, 2018 and 10 days later have "NOTHING" in the way of cellular phone service.  I do have a nice new message when someone dials my phone number (ported from TELUS) that says "This number is not in service". It's quite a shock to hear this new voice rather than my own recorded message that I've had on this phone number for twenty years. A few friends were concerned that maybe I had died which, at my age of 71, is a possibility. And, God forbid, if I have a heart attack and need to call for an ambulance I'll be **bleep** out of luck because this phone is my only means of communication with the outside world. I guess I've just got to be patient unless I die first. Thanks again @will13am for giving me an opportunity to present my story.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@will13am, were you sent the new account verification link?  Or did they just use the information you provided as enough to verify identity?  We were told the link would be used first over providing info on first message.  Just wondering how that worked out for you.

That phone number was not working.  I am not sure how I would be informed if they were to use the new verification method.  I verified using the old fashion way. 

To be perfectly honest, I firmly believe providing all the info PM will need--including verification of your identitiy--up front in your initial message will lead to the fastest overall issue resolution, as it removes one "round trip" of messages.

New way using the verification form:

1) you send request without identify verification

2) x hours/days later, mod replies with link to verification and move on to next message in queue

3) you fill out the form, and re-enter the queue (possibly higher prioritized, but still back in the queue)

4) another mod becomes avaialble, confirms your verification, then starts working on your request.  

5) <optional back and forth for futher questions> <optional raising to tech team for help> <etc>

6) done

But if you include the info up front, they can jump right to step 4 as soon as you first hit the top of the queue.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@will13am wrote:
@ShawnC13 wrote:

@will13am, were you sent the new account verification link?  Or did they just use the information you provided as enough to verify identity?  We were told the link would be used first over providing info on first message.  Just wondering how that worked out for you.

That phone number was not working.  I am not sure how I would be informed if they were to use the new verification method.  I verified using the old fashion way. 

@ShawnC13 @will13am

I too did not get any special link and my phone was working.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Changes-to-how-you-verify-that-you-re-t...

@RobertQc wrote:

@will13am wrote:

A day ago, I mentioned in a response to someone else's thread that I had my first ever account issue that led to service suspension.  Well, my issue has been resolved about an hour ago.  The turnaround time was 27 hours.  I don't know what to say about the long wait times people are experiencing in recent times.  I suppose the conspiracy theorists can say that I have access to a red phone and I get special treatement, etc., etc.  In my private message to the moderator team, I did not bring up anything about my community status, include threatening words, mention about how hard done by I am not having a functional service, the long wait times...  It was a business like message, with full details of my issue and most importantly identification of the account in question with appropriate account verification.  All it took was one message and my problem is solved.  

@will13amOne other thing to note is the time it takes for public mobile to actually fix the issue. I have heard of issues where public mobile needs to actually contact telus and figure things out before they get back to you. I don't ever recall public mobile sending a message back saying "Got your message, we are working on it but don't have a solution yet"

I would like to think that the longer wait times are either attributed to them needing longer times to fix the issue, or that the sender did not explain the problem well or provide the required information or sent multiple messages causing what I have read causes "backlog". Maybe even they typed in all capitals and insulted the moderator team with many spelling mistakes requiring the moderator team to wait for the 1337 speak translator to come online to decifer the origonal message. 

I am not going to say anything about this as whatever I say would be pure conjecture.  I merely posted facts on a current experience on moderator team interaction.  My experience does seem to be inconsistent with what a number of other customers have reported. 

@ShawnC13 wrote:

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@will13am wrote:

@will13amOne other thing to note is the time it takes for public mobile to actually fix the issue. I have heard of issues where public mobile needs to actually contact telus and figure things out before they get back to you. I don't ever recall public mobile sending a message back saying "Got your message, we are working on it but don't have a solution yet"

I would like to think that the longer wait times are either attributed to them needing longer times to fix the issue, or that the sender did not explain the problem well or provide the required information or sent multiple messages causing what I have read causes "backlog". Maybe even they typed in all capitals and insulted the moderator team with many spelling mistakes requiring the moderator team to wait for the 1337 speak translator to come online to decifer the origonal message. 

Need Help? Let's chat.