cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderator reply time?

millarj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I know Public Mobile using Moderators to help keep costs down but how long is the typical reply? I have been trying to get a Puk code for my phone for over 24 hours 😞 my real issue is that right now I do not have a working phone and the plan has been activated for two days before I can even use the phone... (the 1st day was my bad while i got my phone unlocked)

Any ideas on what the lead time for a reply is?  

14 REPLIES 14

mastweb

I'm fine with online support, but I just go an answer 48 hours after writting to them and I only got a message asking me to verify my account.

This is getting ridiculous and I hope it will not be anohter 48 hours for the next response because I can't use my phone with call/sms since the first question!

millarj

Thank you everyone! 
I called Samsung and they were able to help me out 🙂 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@millarj wrote:

They did give me a code but It didn't work at first then it eventually showed this error. Its quite possible the phone is still locked and this error is because they gave me the wrong code. 

Or you mis-typed it. But maybe Metal1967 is right.

I'd still go to Samsung.

millarj

They did give me a code but It didn't work at first then it eventually showed this error. Its quite possible the phone is still locked and this error is because they gave me the wrong code. 

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@millarj 

PUK code is sim card related..not phone related..so a message to the moderators and wait is what you will have to do..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@millarj wrote:

This happened after I was unlocking the phone - I think it is now unlocked but it was previously Bell. Bell said that this error is not theres and my new provider has to help with this code. The phone is a S7.

Did Bell give you an unlock code? Or did they just brush you off. They're required to provide the code and for free.

I would go to Samsung. I'm pretty sure it's still locked.

millarj

This happened after I was unlocking the phone - I think it is now unlocked but it was previously Bell. Bell said that this error is not theres and my new provider has to help with this code. The phone is a S7.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@millarj wrote:

My phone is saying "SIM network Pin Blocked. Enter SIM network PUK"

Is your phone unlocked?

Was the phone previously on a service that wasn't Telus related?

If Samsung they can provide you with a code.

If not then the previous provider in Canada will provide you with a code.

millarj

@wetcoaster  My phone is saying "SIM network Pin Blocked. Enter SIM network PUK"

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@bh90210 wrote:

sometimes takes a few days if they're busy. can try messaging them again

@bh90210 

I've read from other posts that it's not a good idea to message the mods more than once about the same issue -- it will delay the response time even more..

bh90210

sometimes takes a few days if they're busy. can try messaging them again

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@millarj wrote:

I know Public Mobile using Moderators to help keep costs down but how long is the typical reply? I have been trying to get a Puk code for my phone for over 24 hours 😞 my real issue is that right now I do not have a working phone and the plan has been activated for two days before I can even use the phone... (the 1st day was my bad while i got my phone unlocked)

Can't comment on turn-around time... But since you mention that you had to unlock your phone: Can you describe the exact scenario that led to needing "the PUK" and what error message you get? It might actually not the PUK for the Public Mobile SIM, but the master PUK that needs to be obtained from the phone manufacturer.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@millarj  a écrit :

Sorry it's usually few hours to 2 days...but with the promotion of 25$ until monday...they are very busy. Smiley Frustrated

Anonymous
Not applicable

@millarj  - With the recent promos, wait times have gone up somewhat.  recent reports indicate it could be 24-48 hrs.  maybe more...

Need Help? Let's chat.