cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Moderator reply time?

I know Public Mobile using Moderators to help keep costs down but how long is the typical reply? I have been trying to get a Puk code for my phone for over 24 hours Smiley Sad my real issue is that right now I do not have a working phone and the plan has been activated for two days before I can even use the phone... (the 1st day was my bad while i got my phone unlocked)

Any ideas on what the lead time for a reply is?  

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Moderator reply time?

@millarj wrote:

My phone is saying "SIM network Pin Blocked. Enter SIM network PUK"

Is your phone unlocked?

Was the phone previously on a service that wasn't Telus related?

If Samsung they can provide you with a code.

If not then the previous provider in Canada will provide you with a code.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@millarj  - With the recent promos, wait times have gone up somewhat.  recent reports indicate it could be 24-48 hrs.  maybe more...

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@millarj  a écrit :

I know Public Mobile using Moderators to help keep costs down but how long is the typical reply? I have been trying to get a Puk code for my phone for over 24 hours Smiley Sad my real issue is that right now I do not have a working phone and the plan has been activated for two days before I can even use the phone... (the 1st day was my bad while i got my phone unlocked)

Sorry it's usually few hours to 2 days...but with the promotion of 25$ until monday...they are very busy. Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@millarj wrote:

Can't comment on turn-around time... But since you mention that you had to unlock your phone: Can you describe the exact scenario that led to needing "the PUK" and what error message you get? It might actually not the PUK for the Public Mobile SIM, but the master PUK that needs to be obtained from the phone manufacturer.

sometimes takes a few days if they're busy. can try messaging them again

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@bh90210 wrote:

sometimes takes a few days if they're busy. can try messaging them again

@bh90210 

I've read from other posts that it's not a good idea to message the mods more than once about the same issue -- it will delay the response time even more..

Highlighted

@wetcoaster  My phone is saying "SIM network Pin Blocked. Enter SIM network PUK"

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@millarj wrote:

My phone is saying "SIM network Pin Blocked. Enter SIM network PUK"

Is your phone unlocked?

Was the phone previously on a service that wasn't Telus related?

If Samsung they can provide you with a code.

If not then the previous provider in Canada will provide you with a code.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

This happened after I was unlocking the phone - I think it is now unlocked but it was previously Bell. Bell said that this error is not theres and my new provider has to help with this code. The phone is a S7.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@millarj wrote:

This happened after I was unlocking the phone - I think it is now unlocked but it was previously Bell. Bell said that this error is not theres and my new provider has to help with this code. The phone is a S7.

Did Bell give you an unlock code? Or did they just brush you off. They're required to provide the code and for free.

I would go to Samsung. I'm pretty sure it's still locked.