Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderator Team : Please clarify Moderator help wait time policy

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@CS_Agent  @Mary_M

What is the official policy on customers sending in mutiple requests for moderator help?  As community members, we were told that this just adds to the job list, but a new request will not send the ticket to the bottom of the queue.  But, today in another thread, one of the moderators mentioned the following:  

I understand your frustrations in regards to the wait time, but during peak season, we do have a delay of 24-48 hours.

I know some of you have mentioned waiting longer than this, but please note that when you send us multiple messages, this pushes you further in the wait line, as our system will take into consideration your most recent message.

We value helping each and every one of you on this Community, but in order to do so, it is best if we work together. Simply send us one message with the required information and we will do our best to get to your request in a timely manner.

Also, as you may have noticed, we have great Oracles and Community Users who can help you Smiley Happy

That being said, we truly appreciate your cooperation, patience and understanding, as we work through all your requests.

Best regards,

Ashley

Please let the community members know what is the actual procedure.  Then we can advise other members who are asking for moderator help.  

If sending multiple request significantly delays response for moderator help, customers need to know.  Waiting 3-4 days for help when your service is out is really frustating for everyone.....

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jp2 wrote:

If the increased wait times is solely because of too many customers then defiantly the only solution is to hire more mods. The ratio of customers to mods has to maintained as the customer base increases. 

If a large cause of longer wait times is because people keep messaging over and over then PM needs to figure out how to stop that. 

Either way 48+ hours is to long 

@jp2 hear hear! If I could bravo this whole reply (and particularly the final sentence) 10,000 times, I would.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Huggiebear
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am sure with all of the recent flash sales they have many new users.  At some point they hopefully will add more moderators.

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If the increased wait times is solely because of too many customers then defiantly the only solution is to hire more mods. The ratio of customers to mods has to maintained as the customer base increases. 

If a large cause of longer wait times is because people keep messaging over and over then PM needs to figure out how to stop that. 

Either way 48+ hours is to long 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

What we are talking about here is a Public Mobile problem, not really a moderator team issue.  It is Public Mobile that determines the level of service.  They have the power to decide how much moderator team resource is adequate.  With that said, I would send a second message around the 4-5 day range and if that goes unanswered, the next conversation is with the CCTS. 

Frankly we don't need any fancy system to tell customers where they are in the queue when the queue is kept to a reasonable length.  It really is sad to see so many complaining that they are not getting any responses after waiting patiently day and day. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Yes but if you aren't hearing anything from them in 3-5 days you have to wonder if they got it.  I know I wouldn't be able to sit that long hoping somebody got in  touch with me. 

Which is why I suggested that there be a simple automated response saying we got your message. Doesn't cost a thing. Silence is frustrating as heck. Then it could get real fancy and say you're the 13th person in line.

But we're all just wishful thinking. We don't know what the corporate bigwigs strategize around resources here. Evidently pretty minimal but we don't know.

Then there's the catch-22 of well if we hire more people then our prices have to go up. Then if our prices go up we attract fewer customers to pay those extra staff etc.

This has been pushed for by the Oracles since the 2016 Fall Promo.  I know they were asking before I became one and we continue to push for something like this.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Murco
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Great Idea.  An automated response would be awesome for new users who are just

getting used to how things work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Yes but if you aren't hearing anything from them in 3-5 days you have to wonder if they got it.  I know I wouldn't be able to sit that long hoping somebody got in  touch with me. 

Which is why I suggested that there be a simple automated response saying we got your message. Doesn't cost a thing. Silence is frustrating as heck. Then it could get real fancy and say you're the 13th person in line.

But we're all just wishful thinking. We don't know what the corporate bigwigs strategize around resources here. Evidently pretty minimal but we don't know.

Then there's the catch-22 of well if we hire more people then our prices have to go up. Then if our prices go up we attract fewer customers to pay those extra staff etc.

@jp2 wrote:

If it was up 2 me I would put users who send multiple messages to the back of the line. Let the patient members be rewarded 

Yes but if you aren't hearing anything from them in 3-5 days you have to wonder if they got it.  I know I wouldn't be able to sit that long hoping somebody got in  touch with me.  The only way to solve this is to get the wait time back to reasonable amount of time.  If that means tons of overtime or hiring more mods I think it has to be done.  We have been at a response time of at least 48 hours for almost 3 months.  That is unacceptable and must be rectified.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Murco
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I get the point but maybe its time for PM to hire some more moderators as

the user data base grows.

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If it was up 2 me I would put users who send multiple messages to the back of the line. Let the patient members be rewarded 

Need Help? Let's chat.