cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderator Response Time

Frankb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I switched to Public Mobile on Sunday.  Accounts and promo money received but no service.  Messaged moderator for help.  Finally received message that all is good today.  However, all is not good.  Still no service.  Replied to moderator 5 hours ago and no response.  In the past, I received timely responses.  Also, does Public Mobile credit account for lost time?  Is this the new normal?

Thank You

5 REPLIES 5

Frankb

I tried with my wife’s public mobile sim and it worked fine.

Frankb

Thank you for the suggestion.  I tried and no luck.  I will wait for moderator.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Is it that you have no service from Public Mobile or that you can't access the service because of a locked phone? If they replied back to you that it was fixed, it sounds a lot like the issue is your tech. Are you sure your phone is both unlocked and compatible?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Frankb wrote:

Hello,

I switched to Public Mobile on Sunday.  Accounts and promo money received but no service.  Messaged moderator for help.  Finally received message that all is good today.  However, all is not good.  Still no service.  Replied to moderator 5 hours ago and no response.  In the past, I received timely responses.  Also, does Public Mobile credit account for lost time?  Is this the new normal?

Thank You

Yes,  Moderator wait time is 48 - 72 hours for a few months.

Can you call out and receive calls, send/receive text and data working or not?

Is your account status active?

If yes, your plan feature may not be provisioned correctly.  Try the lost/stolen phone trick to provision your plan features again.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, wait for moderator to work on your account. Good luck.

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Frankb wrote:

Hello,

Thank You

According to their website, response time can be up to 48 hours during peak periods:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

So writing to them Sunday and receiving a response today is roughly within their service level agreement. However, I know it's a pain that your service doesn't work, so I totally understand your frustration.

I suspect they are very busy as a result of the promotions they have been offering recently.

Need Help? Let's chat.