cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile site

berniedes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi    the self-serve web site is very useful  but it is not at all  mobile phone friendly,  it is designed for browsers using a computer.   

Has anyone ever suggested to have a site specifically designed for mobile phone .  small and more compact 

thanks

12 REPLIES 12

There is no official app as PM is third tier provider.  Here is an unofficial data monitoring app

which  was written by Public Mobile community member @IWIK, and he provides it for free to Public Mobile customers:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iwik.datawitnesspm

Jaskerry

I'm new. But I've been scrolling through reading in the community. I've been seeing this same topic come up in the past several years. It's almost 2020 and there still isn't a mobile friendly account view??? This is a cell phone carrier shouldn't they have mobile friendly view? 

If there is an app please send me the link!

berniedes

ok  thanks for the reply,   maybe one day,   too bad they couldnt adapt the Telus for  PM 

Have a nice day

@stonechucker wrote:

@hycm53, I don't know about anyone else, but I research the heck out of things before I jump into something new like a new carrier.

Glitches happen, and little quirks you can miss will hang you up.

When I came in 2016, I read the Knowledge Base articles.  I read the forums.  I took notes on how to port with the best methods, and I keep some notes for myself when I see strange issues arise.

Knowing the tricks to get around is a big bonus when you run into an issue.

I did the same things as you did before I came in with PM, so that's why I don't have any problems so far though only couple of months. 

For someone has problems with PM, I really don't know if there are website's problem or they don't do properly on auto pay, change plan, etc. I do understand PM is you get you what you pay for, but for my opinion, I hope PM can do better.

@hycm53, I don't know about anyone else, but I research the heck out of things before I jump into something new like a new carrier.

Glitches happen, and little quirks you can miss will hang you up.

When I came in 2016, I read the Knowledge Base articles.  I read the forums.  I took notes on how to port with the best methods, and I keep some notes for myself when I see strange issues arise.

Knowing the tricks to get around is a big bonus when you run into an issue.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@berniedes wrote:

Hi    the self-serve web site is very useful  but it is not at all  mobile phone friendly,  it is designed for browsers using a computer.   

Has anyone ever suggested to have a site specifically designed for mobile phone .  small and more compact 

thanks

I would suggest PM IT department should improve self service account website. Since I signed up with PM, I find more people need help on this community for autopay, change plan, etc. I had had be with Rogers more than 20 years, I never had this kind of problems. So far I don't have any problems at all with PM.

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

1. Mobile Sites = More Costs (initial & ongoing maintenance)

2. Apps = More Costs (initial & ongoing maintenance)

Either one would result in PM pricing increases, as it's more investment for PM.

Smiley LOL Maybe, members of the PM community can develop the App for rewards.  Probably will never happen, due to legality & liability.  Maybe it'll then become CM = "Co-Op Mobile".

rh66
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

they cant even keep the service running so unlikely they are capable of creating an app

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Providing an app, mobile site, etc., all been discussed but there is no appetite.  It is hard enough for Public Mobile to maintain the current platform let alone contemplate expansion. 

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@berniedes unfortunately this has come up many times now, and many have suggested PM to develop an app.  Considering that's the world we live in now, APPS all day, I find it odd that PM is not looking into this.  But at the same time they are a company that focuses on saving people money, and developing an app will cost money to build, to run, and to maintain.  I can only imagine all the issues they'll have with payments and plan changes, unless they develop an app that only monitors usage and allows you to view your plan (something basic like that).

But anyways, ya this has been mentioned many times already and it seems that there are no plans to make nay changes.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

I think some people have suggested it but I don't think it is necessary.  This site is best viewed on latest versions of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer 10 and above.

buchaneer52

My experience exactly. It seems ironic that PM's main web site is designed for a pc.

Need Help? Let's chat.