cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Network State Disconnected

joseemgagne
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have not been able to make any calls for 5 days now. We do live in a rural eastern ontario and sometimes when really bad weather occured calls would cut out but we've never experienced not being able to make calls at all for days on end. I've had public mobile for 2 years and have always had the same cell phone and had good advice.  I've tried a lot of different things and just noticed that my network state says disconnected. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

34 REPLIES 34

@joseemgagne 

Have you tried turning airplane mode on? Wait 5 min. Turn airplane mode off. See if this has reconnected you to the network.

All,

FYI, in my case, we diagnosed a SIM card fault.  PM is sending me a new one by mail.  

@joseemgagne  Public uses 3G for calls exclusively so if only calls were not working that could explain a possible issue with the 3G coverage. Are you sure texts are not working?

@joseemgagne wrote:

I forgot to mention that my cell data works but not calls or text. 

If you are on $15 plan are you out of minutes?

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@joseemgagne wrote:

I have not been able to make any calls for 5 days now. We do live in a rural eastern ontario and sometimes when really bad weather occured calls would cut out but we've never experienced not being able to make calls at all for days on end. I've had public mobile for 2 years and have always had the same cell phone and had good advice.  I've tried a lot of different things and just noticed that my network state says disconnected. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Check here. 

joseemgagne

I forgot to mention that my cell data works but not calls or text. 

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@joseemgagne 

I think it is now time to contact the moderators. Either send a private message by clicking on the envelope button on the top right of the screen and type in the send to section Moderator_Team or by clicking on the ? in the bottom right of the screen and follow the prompts   

@joseemgagne  Does anything work? Texting or data? If not, then best to submit a ticket to PM and ask them to investigate.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

joseemgagne

I tried it in my old iPhone and still the same issue. 

@98325007  Is your phone blacklisted? Try the sim in another phone.

@joseemgagne yours may be a cell tower problem, considering that's it's both an Android and an iPhone. If you are willing to try, let's reset your husbands iPhone 6 network settings . 

Reset your Network Settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Restart the phone if it doesn't by itself, reenter the WiFi password if needed, enable data , sms and mms and try sending an mms message and surfing the internet. If this works let us know and we can try the same with yours. 

@98325007maybe it's a problem on the pm side.

I suggest speaking to customer support by clicking this link below:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

-guess who's back, back again

joseemgagne

Mine is a OnePlus 6 and my husband is iPhone 6

joseemgagne

I did use the link and there are no outages in my area. 

You could try resetting your network @98325007 . Samsung recently had a major security update. I don't know if this may have affected tour settings.

Reset Network Settings SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 9
  1. At first turn on the mobile with the Power key.
  2. After that choose Settings.
  3. In the next step tap General management.
  4. Now select Reset and Reset Network Settings.
  5. Read the information in front of you and select Reset Settings one more time.
  6. In order to begin the whole process tap Reset Settings one more time.
  7. Great!

Restart your phone, reenter your wifi if applicable, enable data and try sending an mms message and to surf the net. Stay safe. 

Yes, I did try re-boot, and removing and re-installing the SIM card.  No change.  

Mine is a Samsung Notes 9.  Purchased last December, and connected only to Public Mobile since.  Never had this problem before.  

@98325007 have you recently changed phones or started on the Public Mobile network? 

Many times the issues is either due to a recent port has not finished, settings in your phone are not set properly. 

Try turning your phone off then taking out your SIM card. Then insert your SIM card again then turn your phone back on. 

@98325007 and @joseemgagne  what's the make and model of your phones? And @joseemgagne , include your husbands too.  Thanks

APN settings??

@98325007 , @joseemgagne did you use the Telus link to see if there is an outage in your area?  https://www.telus.com/en/bc/outages Thanks.

BearFBI

@98325007 That seems ood. I can make calls no problem. I can understand how @joseemgagne has a problem as he lives in a rural area. It could be a coincidence that both your towers are down in your area. 

No, I am in Montreal.  Reception is good, just doesn’t seem to be able to connect to the network.  My account also says Active.  

joseemgagne

When I turn off my wifi my network state still says disconnected. 

BearFBI

@98325007 wrote:

I have the same problem. When I try to make a call, it says I’m not registered on the network.  

@98325007 Are you located in a rural area too ? Do you happen to always have bad reception ?. 

I have the same problem. When I try to make a call, it says I’m not registered on the network.  

BearFBI

@joseemgagne wrote:

When I log into my public mobile account, my account is active. 

@joseemgagne Good so it does not seem to be a problem with your account. It could just be the cell tower. it kinda sucks that thats your closest tower. Try to call TELUS support. Tell them that you are on their flanker brand Public Mobile and that you and everyone else on Public is experiencing a outage. You can use hangouts or any mobile wifi calling app like textnow to call them. Its weird because Telus usually picks an outage up fast.

In the end when you get it working i would buy a cell booster if you dont already have one. Here is one from amazon that seems to work with Public mobile's Frequencies. I would double check before you buy it.

https://www.amazon.ca/Tri-Band-Booster-Repeater-Directional-Antenna-Boost/dp/B07NPM3YH4/ref=sr_1_1_s...

joseemgagne

When I log into my public mobile account, my account is active. 

@joseemgagne wrote:

Thanks for the Google Hangout tip. 

I believe there is only one cell tower in the area. My husband has public mobile also and is experiencing the same issues as I am. Other cell providers work at our house. 

This is likely an indication that the one tower is down.  You mentioned mobile network state is disconnected.  This happens when you are connected to WiFi.  If you are connected to the network and WiFi is not connected, this status will change to connected.  So, it is an indicator of where data is coming from, either WiFi or mobile network.  The service state is an indicator of whether there is a connection to the network.  If you are running an android phone, I suggest installing network cell info lite.  This app will give you some geeky information of whether you are connected to a cell tower, the strength of the connection, etc.  This can help with troubleshooting.  Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@joseemgagne 

I'm about 13km from the nearest tower. My services are fine on 3 accounts and 3 other devices on Telus.

Just make sure your accounts are fine to start.

Need Help? Let's chat.