cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Network State Disconnected

joseemgagne
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have not been able to make any calls for 5 days now. We do live in a rural eastern ontario and sometimes when really bad weather occured calls would cut out but we've never experienced not being able to make calls at all for days on end. I've had public mobile for 2 years and have always had the same cell phone and had good advice.  I've tried a lot of different things and just noticed that my network state says disconnected. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

34 REPLIES 34

joseemgagne
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the Google Hangout tip. 

I believe there is only one cell tower in the area. My husband has public mobile also and is experiencing the same issues as I am. Other cell providers work at our house. 

Log into your self service account and see if its suspended  @joseemgagne if it isn't, first check to see if there  is an outage https://www.telus.com/en/bc/outages

If there isn't try manually selecting PM as your network and restart your phone. Wait 30 seconds and restart it. 

If this doesn't work try the lost stolen trick. From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone. 

20200504_182846.jpg

If your service still isn't working properly then contact a moderator and ask them to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on "Account specific question" and  "No I want a human" and "Submit a ticket Click me!")
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there. Once it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue.
If you need to, you can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email. Go to your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save 

Stay safe. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

What is your status when you login to your selfserve?

Can you try testing it in another phone?

Thanks

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@joseemgagne Is anyone else experiencing cell issues ? Can you make texts ? In the meantime If you have an android phone download Google hangouts and hangouts dialer and set your phone # to dial out. You can call over wifi through hangouts and it will show your number. The cell tower could have been damaged. Are there any other towers in your area ? Try to get close to them and connect.

Need Help? Let's chat.