cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Mobile App

I beginning to find that my banks are all redesigning their apps right now, and I find it frustrating.  What was once a simple interface has become something I need to relearn, and frankly, I don't like it.

I've switched back to using the website interface for my banking sites, as the interface there rarely changes, and I see what I need much easier on a larger screen than I can on a mobile app.

Apps do have their place, don't get me wrong.  I just prefer the desktop to do things where I need to see detailed information.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Exactly. I'd say 95% of the time a website has information you cannot find on the app. It really just comes down to ease of access. You can just pin the webpage onto your home screen anyway, which is what I did.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Banks have struggled with this...

• At first it was basic stuff in the app, then re-direct to the mobile site
  • Next they started handing out awards for mobile sites and user volumes went up.... clients started asking for everything in the app
  • So banks started dumping tons of money in to the apps basically replicating (actually re-building) their very expensive online banking platforms within he mobile app
  • Most users don't use the enhanced stuffs in the apps, tablet sales are down, and the cost to maintain or update the combined mobile+web platforms is out of this world
  • Soooo... changes are coming to banking mobile apps, time to get rid of the bloat

All that to say.... AGREED @stonechucker !