cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Mobile App

@hellsbells05 wrote:

Is there a Public Mobile App in the works?

Probably not.  The carrier account apps are bloatware installed on some phone so that there can be an on-screen carrier logo.  Public Mobile doesn't sell phones so they might not bother.  The apps are like shortcuts to the self-serve sites and not much more.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hellsbells05 You are in prepaid services. If you are running out of limits, the outgoing calls will not work or data will be stopped. 

In order to keep you bill low, you have to understand your usage. Pick the plan fits your need. If you have to buy add-on, it is more costly. 

Mayor / Maire

@hellsbells05 wrote:

Is there a Public Mobile App in the works?

@hellsbells05 if you have an Android phone, you may want to have a look here:  Appify Self-serve and/or Community sites

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

no

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13am wrote:

I have service with the dog brand.  They have a phone app.  Honestly, I have no clue what I get out of having it in my device. 

Exactly.... forget the app and keep my bills low. The apps rarely offer any real value as I can easily access all my account data off the mobile site.

The Dog brand tried offering some app only offers for a bit, I'm sure that the five people who actually open the app might have enjoyed the offers... if of course they wanted to feed the Dog more money. Woof.

I'm forgetting something here.... oh yeah- GO RAPS!!!!

Hi Smiley Happy 

This thread may be dead, but I have something to say anyway.

They're opening stores (kiosks) paying employees, paying rent, paying taxes, paying for whatever else they have in there.

Personally I think they could have used that money to devolp an app that has the bare minimum of information. The PC mobile app (the provider I previously had) was simple, balance, date of renewal, and plan details. 

But maybe it's less expensive to open the stores, who knows.

Mayor / Maire

yea I thought this was put to bed lol

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Marleah You know what's the difference between the App and a kiosk.. Kiosk people could get their higher ups to offer fixes on the spot.. vs App you have to come here for support and pick a long number on the queue. In the light of all the autopay problems.. which one would you prefer to have when you have problems?

@GinYVR  I suppose. But I live in a rural area so personally it is better for me just to send them a message as I can tell you now there is no way I'm driving 100+km's just to fix something they can do online. I understand what you're saying though. For most people it is much more convenient to go and see someone. 

I am having issues with the autopay right now unfortunately, so yay.

Ultimately apps like that probably don't get used much, well as much as an actual person in a store anyway. If they make one, woo hoo! But I can live without.

Oracle

@GinYVR wrote:

@Marleah You know what's the difference between the App and a kiosk.. Kiosk people could get their higher ups to offer fixes on the spot.. vs App you have to come here for support and pick a long number on the queue. In the light of all the autopay problems.. which one would you prefer to have when you have problems?

@GinYVR,  Kiosks are not service centers they are for activations only so there are no higher up to offer fixes on the spot.  If you have an issue you still need to come to the community for customer service.  

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *