cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mms Not Working

anthony1987
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all , I just activated my service with PM today. I'm using an unlocked Xperia XA2 Ultra that was originally on Freedom. In order to get LTE to work , I had to manually put in the APN.

Now my MMS still won't work. Unable to send , or download received MMS. I turn off wifi so I'm using LTE , and checked apns. Any help would be appreciated , thank you Screenshot_20180828-174757.png

Screenshot_20180828-174821.png

Won't send picture or downloadWon't send picture or download

Screenshot_20180828-173850~2.png

17 REPLIES 17

suby6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been struggling to get MMS working on my unocked android. After checking settings so many times I finally saw that the APN the field by default said "default". Once I made it blank it started working. FYI in case someone else gets caught on that..

@justinbeaudoin wrote:

Well thanks for the welcome and thanks for deleting my posts... 

You know if you want to encourage people to participate maybe don't come out if of the gate so high and mighty in yourself. People like me just want to help. 

As mentioned above, your posts were moved. This thread was a mess so i moved a single post which lead to moving the entire reply chain. I have moved back the relevant posts. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@justinbeaudoin, I'd be very surprised if your post(s) were deleted.  Pretty sure @NDesai would have simply moved them to a new topic.  No one here would be trying prevent anyone's participation.  Especially not the Oracles.

@NDesai wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@anthony1987, is that a space I see between alias and redirect?  There are no spaces in the sequence. 

Ya, i spotted that already. This post was a mess as some newcomer jumped in and i moved those posts that moved mine too. Fixed now. 

I thought I was hallucinating for a moment when my response came a day late and a dollar short. 

justinbeaudoin
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Well thanks for the welcome and thanks for deleting my posts... 

You know if you want to encourage people to participate maybe don't come out if of the gate so high and mighty in yourself. People like me just want to help. 

@will13am wrote:

@anthony1987, is that a space I see between alias and redirect?  There are no spaces in the sequence. 

Ya, i spotted that already. This post was a mess as some newcomer jumped in and i moved those posts that moved mine too. Fixed now. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

anthony1987

Good eye thanks MMS is working now my phone automatically put that space .. still getting used to the keyboard on this phone but it is working now thanks again

@anthony1987 Why do you have space under MMSC URL?

@anthony1987

Some people have done a factory reset or network reset to get their phone connecting to data/MMS.  

I found this old thread with a moderator suggestion

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Sony-Xperia-Z-Ultra/td-p/16846/page/2

anthony1987

Reset APN to that and still no MMS after turning off and resetting my phone

anthony1987

I tried that but no luck , thanks anyways, and the APN settings dunkman shared are what I originally had , still not working

anthony1987

That's what I had originally but wouldn't work

justinbeaudoin

@Dunkman Thanks... should have considered looking it up rather than providing my own screenshots.

Oh well!

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@anthony1987

Here the APN Setting for Sony Xperia XA1 (could not find your exact model)

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/sony-xperia-xa1-ultra

Make sure the upper and close case letters are exactly the same.  

It should be close.  I did notice from your initial screen shot that you capitilized in the APN, the "S" is upper capitilzed.  

anthony1987

I'll give that a try now thank you

justinbeaudoin

Hey! I just joined too. My MMS works great.

Check out these screenshots and give them a try from my phone. I will bet this could be helpful! Let me know though.

Screenshot_20180828-203800.png

Screenshot_20180828-203808.png

Screenshot_20180828-203813.png

Need Help? Let's chat.