cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing notifications.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

So yesterday I noticed that I was not getting any notifications all day, including accepted solutions and responses to threads I had posted to.  Most of the time I was only aware that there was no notifications happening because I happened to be logged into the community forum the time and noticed responses to these threads.

I started to receive a couple of notices last night and thought I would wait to see if everything got reset this morning.  That doesn't appear to have happened, all the posts from most of yesterday are still missing.   While this isn't a big deal, I was wondering if anyone else had this issue too and what (if anything), they did to rectify it.

On another note, I was hoping someone in the community would clarify about changing CC on file for payment.  This relates to something @CalgaryBen  posted recently about Amex offering $10 account credit for making 3x$30 payments to mobile providers.  Many thanks to CalgaryBen for detailing how to take advantage of this even if the payment due is less than $30.

So my question is, my registered (PM account) Amex CC didn't get this offer, but a family member's Amex CC did.  I just wanted to make sure if I go ahead and change the CC on file, which means changing the name for the card, that there would be no issue even though the phone accounts are in my name.  My understanding is that it won't, but thought I should check before I make the changes.

Apologies for the lengthy post (not a fan of long posts, unless it's posted in 'Lounge' section).

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice update. So autopay stayed on in both situations without doing anything?

Yes both show autopay is on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice update. So autopay stayed on in both situations without doing anything?

@Anonymous wrote:

@CalgaryBen wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Remove card. Add card. Turn on autopay.

Or, if there's already a card enrolled for AutoPay, just use the "replace card" feature and get 'er done in one step! 

Haven't I read on several occassions to remove card when updating/replacing? So we'll see how dabr makes out.

Thanks for chiming in CalgaryBen. I don't do the Apple thing but your input is always invaluable.

dabr: you can selectively turn off email notifications. I only get them for pm's.

Just to update on changing the CC, I made the changes on one account by removing the CC on file and then added the new card.  On the second account I thought I would try 'replacing' the card on file and then proceeded to add the new card.  In both instances I had no issues, except for PM's website taking a long time to finish.  So doing either removing or replacing the CC on file works equally well.

I am aware that I can turn off the email notifications and on some threads (which become too long), I have done that, but thanks for the information.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CalgaryBen wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Or, if there's already a card enrolled for AutoPay, just use the "replace card" feature and get 'er done in one step! 

Haven't I read on several occassions to remove card when updating/replacing? So we'll see how dabr makes out.

Thanks for chiming in CalgaryBen. I don't do the Apple thing but your input is always invaluable.

dabr: you can selectively turn off email notifications. I only get them for pm's.

@CalgaryBen wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks, will do!

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe fully log out, clear cache, maybe even this site cookies and exit and come back and log in again and see what happens.

Do you mean the little notification pop-ups lower right? The number above the bell? Email notifications? All?

Families use one card for all their accounts so I don't see why you couldn't change the card. Remove card. Add card. Turn on autopay. Keep an eye out for autopay features but they should stick around.

I always am in incognito mode so cookies and cache shouldn't be an issue.  Yes all notifications (bell) which also automatically notifiy via my email (unless I unsubscribe to that particular thread).  But looks like I'm getting them right now as your response and CalgaryBen's came through.

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous wrote:

@CalgaryBen wrote:

@dabr wrote:

I just wanted to make sure if I go ahead and change the CC on file, which means changing the name for the card, that there would be no issue even though the phone accounts are in my name.  My understanding is that it won't, but thought I should check before I make the changes.

Shouldn't be a problem.  I temporarily put my AmEx (under my name) into my son's account (in his name, but under my control), did the top-up, and then restored the previous card (also under my name).

I don't think the name registered with PM really has any significance!

Thanks, appreciate the tip:)

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dabr wrote:

I just wanted to make sure if I go ahead and change the CC on file, which means changing the name for the card, that there would be no issue even though the phone accounts are in my name.  My understanding is that it won't, but thought I should check before I make the changes.

Shouldn't be a problem.  I temporarily put my AmEx (under my name) into my son's account (in his name, but under my control), did the top-up, and then restored the previous card (also under my name).

I don't think the name registered with PM really has any significance!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe fully log out, clear cache, maybe even this site cookies and exit and come back and log in again and see what happens.

Do you mean the little notification pop-ups lower right? The number above the bell? Email notifications? All?

Families use one card for all their accounts so I don't see why you couldn't change the card. Remove card. Add card. Turn on autopay. Keep an eye out for autopay features but they should stick around.

Need Help? Let's chat.