cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing data usage tracking

Mystery
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My son think he used up his data for the 90 days but when I log in, I don't even see his data usage history being tracked at all. I can see he still has the 12gb plan but the only thing being tracked now is the 200 min add-on from ages ago. The 12gb doesn't show its even maxed: it's just gone, not listed, like he didn't have a data plan at all. My Data Manager had indicated he was approaching 11gb. 

So does anyone know: when you use up all your data, does the tracking history just disappear? He's got another 30 days until renewal so I don't really want to sit and wait if I have to talk to mods. Insights appreciated. Thanks! 

5 REPLIES 5

Mystery

Usually it's pretty darn accurate. But will look into that. Thanks! 

Mystery

What a weird quirk that is, huh?

Thanks for all the answers. The 12gb is listed in to the Plan details, so I know he had data this month. It's just odd that it doesn't show up as all consumed. At least I know what to expect. 

Thanks for the ideas, everyone , from topping up data (won't happen! 12gb in 60 days is plenty for a kid!) and checking the Plan details to see if mod help was needed. As always, the Community is prompt! 

Cheers! 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Your son is right he did use it up. You could contact the moderators to renew the plan early. 

Data manager is probably not in sync

You could also restrict background data to slow down the usage or find the apps that use too much (in data usage) and restrict them

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Mystery wrote:

My son think he used up his data for the 90 days but when I log in, I don't even see his data usage history being tracked at all. I can see he still has the 12gb plan but the only thing being tracked now is the 200 min add-on from ages ago. The 12gb doesn't show its even maxed: it's just gone, not listed, like he didn't have a data plan at all. My Data Manager had indicated he was approaching 11gb. 

So does anyone know: when you use up all your data, does the tracking history just disappear? He's got another 30 days until renewal so I don't really want to sit and wait if I have to talk to mods. Insights appreciated. Thanks! 

@Mystery you have just bumped onto one of the quirks with the self serve system if the data isn't showing on the OVERVIEW Page (when you first sign into self-serve), then it has been used up for your current cycle. Conventional thinking would suggest that the system display the data still showing 100% consumption. Unfortunately, the self serve is programmed to remove reference to data when it is all used up.  If you don't see the data list in your plan details (I believe it's the Plans & Add-ons page), then you have an account issue and will need to contact the moderator team for assistance.

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

When you can't see the data usage anymore, it means it has all been used up. he has the option to purchase a data add-on to carry him over to his new billing cycle.

Need Help? Let's chat.