cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Might be leaving.........

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I was just offered a postpaid Rogers plan that is comparable to my current PM plan. I have until the end of December to make my decision. I am waiting to see if Telus or Koodo make some sort of offer to their prepaid customers at PM. I hope so because I would like to stay with the family. 🙂

77 REPLIES 77

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@makkahn28wrote:

Last person to depart, Don't Forget to turn off the Lights, Meters still clocking

I already left...almost! My $140/month tv/internet/phone package with Telus has been moved to a competitor (at a lower cost of course!). But, I still have PM left, because I have no better alternative at the moment.

Garry

@torontokriswrote:

@Garrywrote:

@Garrywrote:

@Michael77

Good call.   

Cheers, 

Fwiw......if Koodo would step up and match my wife's remaining PM line/plan, I'd port it out too.😉

Looks like my wishes have been answered. Thank goodness.

Seeya later Public Mobile..... I'm outta here!!!!

So PM matched the offer for your wife who wasnt on the 4gb/120 PM plan?

Both the wife and I joined in on the fall promo 2016. I dropped PM for the recent 10gb/$60 with Koodo and was waiting and hoping that Koodo would match the 12gb/$120 fall promo, so as to move her out too. (4gb/$40 is close enough for her needs.)

My bill will increase by $4.52 mth moving her to Koodo, but with the Koodo $100 incentive bonus + $100 in referral credits before March 1st...... I'll have $160 banked from Koodo perks towards that $4.52 increase. 

Bottom line is moving her line to Koodo costs me nothing additional for the next 3 years.......which will probably be longer than PM is in business.

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Garrywrote:

@Garrywrote:

@Michael77

Good call.   

Cheers, 

Fwiw......if Koodo would step up and match my wife's remaining PM line/plan, I'd port it out too.😉

So PM matched the offer for your wife who wasnt on the 4gb/120 PM plan?

Michael77

@Garry,

Yes, there is so much PM drama. 😞

Last person to depart, Don't Forget to turn off the Lights, Meters still clocking

Garry

@Garrywrote:

@Michael77

Good call.   

Cheers, 

Michael77

@denkom,

Thanks.  Yes, the Rogers plan I got is really good. 🙂

denkom

Sorry to see you go @Michael77 but I don't blame you for jumping on that deal! All the best 🙂

Michael77

@srlawren wrote:

Really sorry to see you go, @Michael77.  I've enjoyed interacting with you in the community.  But I'm happy you got a deal you're happy with.  Wishing you all the best.  Happy New Year!

@srlawren,

It wasn't an easy decision. But I think it was the right one for now. If Koodo would have offered us similar plans, my friends and I would have stayed. It almost feels like Telus/PM is not interested in retaining customers. That is where a retention department would have been helpful.

I also enjoyed interacting with you. I will say it now and say it again, you were the best Oracle PM had. 

I will still keep an eye on the PM Community. I may even say a few things. 🙂 I've learned a lot from it.

All the best to you and have a Happy New Year! 🙂

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Really sorry to see you go, @Michael77.  I've enjoyed interacting with you in the community.  But I'm happy you got a deal you're happy with.  Wishing you all the best.  Happy New Year!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Michael77

@Wonder_why wrote:

@Michael77 wrote:

@Wonder_why wrote:

@Michael77 wrote:

$40- 4gig, nationwide calling and a call centre. 🙂

@Michael77 not bad deal, you was not PM promo 12 GB Data for 90 days Plan ?

Yes, I had that plan.

@Michael77 you have Promo plan with rewards and you stilled left PM because of call center Rogers have ?

Yes, sir! When I have an issue or if I need something I much prefer to talk to someone. Also, the plan has Nationwide calling and some other features that PM does not have like wifi calling and US Roaming.

Wonder_why

@Michael77 wrote:

@Wonder_why,

You still have both plans?

@Michael77 I stilled have PM and Koodo nowCat Happy

Wonder_why

@Michael77 wrote:

@Wonder_why wrote:

@Michael77 wrote:

Yes, I had that plan.

@Michael77 you have Promo plan with rewards and you stilled left PM because of call center Rogers have ?

Michael77

@Wonder_why,

You still have both plans?

Wonder_why

Yes Koodo offer me summer time $50 for 5GB Data, I pass the offer, I was on fall Promo with PM plus the rewards, no way I am going to switch, when I see 10GB Data, now is the time to switch Cat Happy I stilled Heart PM 

Michael77

@Wonder_why wrote:

@Michael77 wrote:

Yes, I had that plan.

Michael77

Pretty much all of my friends left PM except for one. They also offered a $50- 6gig plan too. I know some people who took that deal. Much better than Koodo's offer to us.

Wonder_why

@Michael77 wrote:

Michael77

Wonder_why

@Michael77 I guessed you got $45 for 5GB Data from Rogers 

Michael77

@Wonder_why wrote:

@Michael77 wrote:

@Garry wrote:

@Michael77

Good call.   

Cheers, 

@Garry,

Thanks. 🙂

The Rogers network so far has been good. It's only been half a day. 🙂 I've noticed no difference. Time will tell. 

I would have switched to Koodo too if they offered me a good deal. 

@Michael77 sad to see you go, Koodo have best deals 2 weeks ago, might never see again 10GB data for $60

@Wonder_why,

$60 is too expensive.

Wonder_why

@Michael77 wrote:

@Garry wrote:

@Michael77

Good call.   

Cheers, 

@Garry,

Thanks. 🙂

The Rogers network so far has been good. It's only been half a day. 🙂 I've noticed no difference. Time will tell. 

@Michael77 sad to see you go, Koodo have best deals 2 weeks ago, might never see again 10GB data for $60

Michael77

@Garry wrote:

@Michael77

Good call.   

Cheers, 

@Garry,

Thanks. 🙂

Garry

@Michael77

Good call.   

Cheers, 

Michael77

Hi guys,

I just ported out.  All the best to you all! 🙂

Take care. 🙂

Garry

@Wonder_why

Thanks for the thoughtful suggestion.  That's exactly my game plan going forward. 

Cheers,

Michael77

@Wonder_why wrote:

@Michael77 wrote:

@Garry wrote:

I've finally decided on what I'm doing with the 2x Koodo lines and 2x PM lines........I'm not waiting for BD miracle to happen here......but I'll keep my eyes open.. 

1. Keeping my wife on PM 4GB Fall Promo with a new Moto G5 prepaid bought today. ($150 at TMS). --She's happy.

2. I'm taking the wife's retiring Moto G4 Play and tethering it as my home internet "Stick" using one of my Koodo 10/60 lines which I activated. --Saving roughly $35/mth vs Bell.

3. I'm porting out my LG G5 Fall Promo over to another Koodo 10/60 plan. --Adding $23/mth

4. Dumping Bell Turbo Internet Stick. --Screw Bell. 

5. $25x2 referral credit from Koodo covers any lost PM prepaid charges incurred. 

Outcome

Before I had 10GB with Bell + 4GB x2 lines with PM = 18GB $171/mth

Now have 4GB with PM + 10GB x2 lines with Koodo = 24GB $157/mth 

.......and no more Bell = Merry Christmas to me!!!!

Thanks to those that helped me with the tethering thread. It made a world of difference to this very positive result. 

Happy Holidays to all of you.

Garry.

@Garry,

Good job. You made your decisions. 🙂  I still have until Dec. 31st to decide what I am doing. Right now I am leaning towards staying with PM (60/40). However, I am still thinking things through. Time is on my side. 🙂

@Michael77  keep an eyes on FM boxing day sale, only for 1 day,

@Wonder_why,

For me to switch back to FM, they would have to have a really good deal. Lots of data plus free roaming for relatively the same price I am paying at PM. I don't anticipate that happening. 

Wonder_why

@Michael77 wrote:

@Garry wrote:

I've finally decided on what I'm doing with the 2x Koodo lines and 2x PM lines........I'm not waiting for BD miracle to happen here......but I'll keep my eyes open.. 

1. Keeping my wife on PM 4GB Fall Promo with a new Moto G5 prepaid bought today. ($150 at TMS). --She's happy.

2. I'm taking the wife's retiring Moto G4 Play and tethering it as my home internet "Stick" using one of my Koodo 10/60 lines which I activated. --Saving roughly $35/mth vs Bell.

3. I'm porting out my LG G5 Fall Promo over to another Koodo 10/60 plan. --Adding $23/mth

5. $25x2 referral credit from Koodo covers any lost PM prepaid charges incurred. 

Outcome

Thanks to those that helped me with the tethering thread. It made a world of difference to this very positive result. 

Garry.

@Garry,

Good job. You made your decisions. 🙂  I still have until Dec. 31st to decide what I am doing. Right now I am leaning towards staying with PM (60/40). However, I am still thinking things through. Time is on my side. 🙂

@Michael77  keep an eyes on FM boxing day sale, only for 1 day,

Wonder_why

@Garry wrote:

Outcome

Garry.

@Garry you could keep 2 Koodo 10GB and have home internet, just my thought

Michael77

@Garry wrote:

Outcome

Garry.

@Garry,

Need Help? Let's chat.