cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Micro SD

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I know I'm probably going to get many answer. I am looking at getting a new micro SD card with higher GB. I currently have one with low storage. What a good Micro SD card to get? 

6 REPLIES 6

tehowennathe

@slash407 wrote:

all branded ones work fine, sandisk, kingston, adata, patriot etc.........

If u want a heavy duty one then look for the worked heavy duty or extreme on it.....but those are for survanlience and are 3x more expensive, unless ur doing crzy recording u can just get a normal one

Only asking because my SanDisk is only a year old and already failing. Doesn't always save my pictures and it been used on multiple phones. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Might I suggest this be moved to the lounge.

I have a brand loyalty to good ol' Sandisk.

@tehowennathe wrote:

@Alex888 wrote:
Kingston or Samsung are usually good value for quality. But it you are looking for a large SD make sure you know what the limit is for your phone, if it's over a few years old it can probably only detect up to 256 GB.

I can can go as high as 128GB. Will probably look into samsung. I currently have San disk but it's an old one. It doean't always save pictures. At first thought it was my phone but tried in friend's phone and same thing. Tried their micro SD card and it saved every picture. Figured it's time for a new one 

@tehowennathe  flash memory has a limited amount of use (durability) which is why I always pick up high endurance cards.

Transcend high endurance is what I would recommend for longevity. It is what I use.

tehowennathe

@Alex888 wrote:
Kingston or Samsung are usually good value for quality. But it you are looking for a large SD make sure you know what the limit is for your phone, if it's over a few years old it can probably only detect up to 256 GB.

I can can go as high as 128GB. Will probably look into samsung. I currently have San disk but it's an old one. It doean't always save pictures. At first thought it was my phone but tried in friend's phone and same thing. Tried their micro SD card and it saved every picture. Figured it's time for a new one 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@tehowennathe wrote:

I know I'm probably going to get many answer. I am looking at getting a new micro SD card with higher GB. I currently have one with low storage. What a good Micro SD card to get? 

The most important thing is to get it from a reputable source, a lot of cards you get on the internet are knock offs. Some 256gb cards actually show up as 256gb but are only a couple gb, so you plug it in, and it works, seemingly everything writes to the card but when you try to retreive you get an error after copying the initial couple gb.

All good brands of memory have cheap lines and high quality lines. You need to decide what is more important, price, space, speed, durability, etc. Unless you have unlimited money then just buy the biggest, highest price version your phone can support.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.