cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages disappearing from Community

Korth
Mayor / Maire

The third time this has happened to me (that I know of)... 

I click on a notification because somebody has responded to a thread I posted in... when (re-)reading it I see that whatever I said has been deleted, and I know I'm not the one who did it. 

The most recent example, I'm certain I didn't erase my post, I also see another erased post by another person. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/International-SMS-and-SMS/m-p/440632#...

I understand this forum is owned and operated by a business. And that the Mods, Oracles, admins can (should) edit posts which don't conform with the objectives of the business or the code of conduct of the forum.

Maybe I offered a wrong solution or some other distraction on the thread, maybe I used rude or offensive or poorly-chosen wording, maybe I said something which makes PM seem bad or makes PM's competitors look good, maybe I even expressed active criticism and dissent.

The cool thing to do is append a reason for the edit/delete. "Deleted because bad advice/language/attitude/whatever" is better than clandestine purges and revisionism.

But simply silencing undesirable customer input is not good form. It's actually disturbingly Orwellian. You won't get valuable customer input and participation if you casually dismiss customer input and participation, people won't bother to "continue the conversation" if they know their voices will just get swept into the recycling bin.

9 REPLIES 9

Kim1971kim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That’s strange.  I’m not sure why that would happen 

Kim1971kim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That’s strange. 

I'm not specifically concerned about my missing posts, I can't even remember them to be honest, so they're of no real importance and I don't care if they stay lost or they get found. If they were relevant while the topic was relevant then they've already served their purpose.

But too many more missing posts would just motivate me to go elsewhere, no sense in contributing when contributions consistently go "missing"... I'm sure I can find better things to do with my time than pour answers into a trash can, lol.

I don't know about PM promises vs Community censoring. But if such promises are made then I think they should be kept - by not actively censoring content - and by not passively allowing content to mysteriously vanish, month after month. 

@geopublic wrote:

@Korth  Submit a ticket and ask the moderator to release your posts from the holding queue. PM does not censor any posts.

Does not is bit too absolute.  They do where justified in accordance with terms of use.  What has been happening cannot be explained by censor.  

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Korth  Submit a ticket and ask the moderator to release your posts from the holding queue. PM does not censor any posts.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

The group of us Oracles has been talking about this and from the ones in the discussion have edited or moved any posts (we can't delete) so we aren't sure what is going on with this.  There seems to have been quite a few posts lately that have had something happen to them

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Korth If a post gets edited, it can be marked as spam. Posting a lot of messages can do that too. If you post a message and it is gone as as you post, that's the spam filter.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Some of my posts were deleted too.  I was told that I edited my post too much and too often.  Now, instead of editing my OP to more info, I just add another post and quoting my original post to add additional info.

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

This just happened to somebody else, I've read it 30 mins ago

Here is the link

I've seen oracles change info but usually to improve things or to protect careless poster. They always indicate it too, so I doubt.

Not long ago someone's post was being wiped out, but they figured out it was too long so system would just reject it. At the end they had to post it in 3 parts. This happened couple of months ago and I remember it was about public poster at an airport. I'll try to find

How long was your post

Need Help? Let's chat.