cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meet New Member :)

deyneko1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,

My son and I used to use Fido... If I knew PM was bought by Telus (with Telus coverage and cell standards) I would switch to PM earlier. I remember my friend who used PM couple years before used "special points or places" in his apartment for a call.. Man Mad

So, at the first I called to that my friend and he told that it was long time ago and now he use "normal" smartphone and there is no any problem with connection. Then I switched my son to PM and we saw that it is OK. Then couple days ago I switched to Public mobile from Fido too.

In both cases transferring of our numbers was very fast and with no problems. Mobile internet works well too.

I like very much rewards here! Question is not about money only... it is like respect of customers: "if you spent lot of time with us we'll give you bonuses; if your payments always on time we'll show you our respect too" etc.

Before leaving I tried to ask Fido about any offers or discounts and you can see the result below:

Spoiler

11:15 AM  Connecting...

11:15 AM  Connected. A Fido representative will be with you shortly.

11:15 AM  Support session established with Rana.

11:15 AM  

Rana

Fido LiveANSWERS™
Hey, I’m Rana. May I have your full name and your Fido phone or account number?

Identification process…

11:17 AM  

Rana

If I understand correctly you want to cancel your line?

11:17 AM  

Alexander D

Not now!

11:19 AM  

Rana

Oh you want a better plan?

Alexander D

I transfered one of my phone to Public Mobile (guess you can see it in history). And at present time I thinking to transfer current phone too. There I pay 30cad/months (unlim talk, unlim text, 1 Gb internet).

Alexander D

Just don't think that is kind of black mail 🙂

11:20 AM  

Alexander D

I understand that Fido is finance monster and there are millions of customers... but why don't ask before leaving, right?

11:21 AM  

Rana

Of course 🙂 Give me a quick moment to see what I can do 🙂

11:21 AM  

Alexander D

OK

11:24 AM  

Rana

Since you just opened the account, you already have one of Fido's good plan, Fido offers Canada wise calling which is not included with public mobile

11:25 AM  

Alexander D

what is wise calling?

11:26 AM  

Rana

wide calling sorry

11:27 AM  

Rana

I can offer a 38$ plan for

Alexander D

Oh OK as I well understood there is impossible to make any additional offer, right?

Rana

I can offer you another plan with unlimited minutes and text but it won't have data

11:28 AM  

Alexander D

🙂 no thank you, in Public Mob I will have unlim min, unlum text + data.

11:29 AM  

Rana

I understand Alexander, I invite you to call in if you want to cancel your line *611 and talk to the customer relations department

11:30 AM  

Alexander D

No DO NOT CANCEL MY LINE!

Rana

I won't 🙂 If you want to you can call

Rana

It was in information 🙂

Alexander D

because I need to transfer my phone number!

11:31 AM  

Rana

Don't worry I won't 🙂

Alexander D

OK thank you, no more questions, bye.

Rana

Have a wonderful day Alexander 🙂

Rana

Have an awesome day! 🙂

Got questions? We’ve got answers. Connect with us on Facebook Messenger or hit us up on our Twitter or Facebook page!

While you’re at it, check out our community at Fido.ca. Our blog and forums are buzzing with discussions, so have your say. See you there!

11:32 AM  Rana has ended the session.

12 REPLIES 12

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Welcome to the family @deyneko1

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Please read the posts published by 778 and me regarding your question.

Thank you.

rohits3854
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
If I top up for 90days by paying $25 only then my incoming will be free or not for 90 days.

srlawren

Glad to hear you are enjoying the experience 🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Hello and Welcome to Public Mobile. 

@deyneko1, I do hope that you do join PM, here you get what YOU want, and you choose the plan(s) that best fit you, and the savings and benefits will ultimately pay itself off for you

The Public is there for the ppl.

Bad Fido, well, its, well, its a bad dog. 

Like this fella

deyneko1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Luddite

Yes, I understood that 1GB for 90 days i.e. for period I chosen. At the first this is better than nothing in Fido etc. Then I no need a lot of data at least now. Mostly I can use it to see my e-mails (all accounts configured as IMAPs) in an urgency situation.

Additionally, yesterday I found that I can use short connection to mobile data to find an address in the free GPS Mapfactor apps. Actually in payment version the apps uses TomTom maps and there are near all addresses. In free version Mapfactor uses OpenStreetMaps and usually you will not find an personal address in the apps,  but with internet connection there is google search and you can find an address and press "drive" and switch off the mobile data. Smiley Happy

@makkahn28

you're quite attentive person Smiley Wink I think she just doesn't care about other providers. It is really rare that a representative who works in big company has enogh knowledges about competitors and their programs... In the other words today Rana works for Fido, but tomorrow she will work for Bell or other provider...

@deyneko1, Rana at Bad Fido was wrong:

Public Mobile does have Canada-wide, as well as Province-wide, and all unlimited. Perhaps She made an error. 

imm1304

Please pay attention to the clarification from @Luddite , sounds like you are on a 90-day plan with 1GB... thats an average of 341MB per month.  

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Welcome to Public Mobile @deyneko1!

I'm sure you are going to love the comradery on the Community: fellow PM customers are very helpful, so please never hesitate to ask a question here 🙂

All the best,

Kalla

imm1304

Hi @deyneko1 !

Welcome, both of you, to Public Mobile!  

Glad to hear of 2 positive experiences in activating new lines and porting numbers from fido.  

Fido looks a lot more expensive if the best they could offer you was $38 per month for just talk and text.

As a very happy PM customer of 6+ months, I can tell you that you will love the data coverage and speeds.  Its better than fido at least in the GTA, I have a fido line in the household so I know from direct comparison. 

Look forward to seeing you around the community pages.  

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle
Welcome aboard. Just thought I would confirm that you realize the 1 Gb data, or any other level for that matter, applies to the WHOLE period you selected whether 90 or 30 days. If you run short you can get a data add-on that only expires when used up.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.