cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maybe in Future

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My cousin in US uses Go Smart Mobile which uses the T-Mobile network. They offer unlimited Facebook usage from Facebook app and Facebook messenger. It is available on all plans even if you don't have data. 

Would be interesting for Public Mobile to try something similar. Though I don't think anything like that would even happen. Though it's someone I'm sure many would take advantage of when PM is on a national network. Though it's probably just a wish from many customers but PM will never do anything like that because they won't do unlimited data.

14 REPLIES 14

tehowennathe

@stonechucker wrote:

@will13am wrote:

There is definitely enough blame to go around.  I know of people who won't switch carriers no matter what.  Unwillingness to shop is a major contributor to all that is wrong with the cellular market. 

Currently, for me, there's no need to shop around.  Public Mobile is still the best for my needs.

I shop around but never change because PM always ends up being the best deal for me.

tehowennathe

@will13am wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@tehowennathe, some providers have previously provided 'zero-rating' to certain premium services such as Videotron (Quebec) offering unlimited streaming music from various services but were told they couldn't do this, as it was unfair competition.  Although Facebook isn't a premium service, it would be seen in the same fashion by the CRTC.

What we need in Canada, are subscribers willing to battle and protest for better service packages, and fight for competition in the market that is fair to all.  With the Big 3 providers restricting access to the networks to smaller providers (MVNOs), there is little actual competition to be had.

There is definitely enough blame to go around.  I know of people who won't switch carriers no matter what.  Unwillingness to shop is a major contributor to all that is wrong with the cellular market. 

Yes I know people who stay with Telus or Rogers because they are scared that service on PM or any similar prepaid carrier won't be like the major carriers. They think that just because it's prepaid coverage won't be the same and calls will be dropped. I tell them did you do your research? They say no. Then I ask why won't they do research. It's because they are happy being on a network that had national advertising and is known my people all over.

@will13am wrote:

Currently, for me, there's no need to shop around.  Public Mobile is still the best for my needs.

@stonechucker wrote:

@tehowennathe, some providers have previously provided 'zero-rating' to certain premium services such as Videotron (Quebec) offering unlimited streaming music from various services but were told they couldn't do this, as it was unfair competition.  Although Facebook isn't a premium service, it would be seen in the same fashion by the CRTC.

What we need in Canada, are subscribers willing to battle and protest for better service packages, and fight for competition in the market that is fair to all.  With the Big 3 providers restricting access to the networks to smaller providers (MVNOs), there is little actual competition to be had.

tehowennathe

Company your thinking of is Verizon Wireless. They also tried to get in with Wind before it became Freedom.

wickedgx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I remember back then a US company (don't remember which one) was trying to get into the Canadian market with Mobilicity, but I don't think it happened.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

tehowennathe

Probably won't happen but would be cool. Canada is always the last to bring in what carriers around the world been doing for years. 

wickedgx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Anything can happen if you believe hard enough. Smiley LOL 

On the serious note, CRTC are going to take their sweet time and milk our pockets until the government ACTUALLY steps in and do something about this. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tehowennathe wrote:

Would be good but question is would CRTC allow it. Remember a few years ago when Quebec regional carrier Videotron had unlimited music streaming that doesn't use data? Well CRTC told them to stop that service. If CRTC could get on board then maybe PM could explore that idea.

@tehowennathe bingo.  PM isn't even allowed to zero-rate customers using their own self-serve accounts.  All they are allowed to do is give you zero-rated everything or zero-rated nothing.  I think you can guess which one is more likely in the Canadian mobile marketplace....  (hint:  it's not zero-rated everything.)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

luke11992

It goes against PMs motto of less for less, but one can hope

JoeFrankRoy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

maybe

tehowennathe

Would be good but question is would CRTC allow it. Remember a few years ago when Quebec regional carrier Videotron had unlimited music streaming that doesn't use data? Well CRTC told them to stop that service. If CRTC could get on board then maybe PM could explore that idea.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

I hope PM would explore such possibilities 

Need Help? Let's chat.