cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

March 2019 Koodo Offer

openlyreggae
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey, I recently got a text from koodo offering me a switch from Public to Koodo. I went to a Koodo booth to ask about the offer ( $50 for 8BGs data + calling features). It's a good deal but I'd rather pay less for less data and asked if that was possible and they said that they can only respond to exact offers and can't change the deal/offer based on what the customer wants. It all depends on what the offer is that gets texted to you. So, im wondering if someone is able to text me a similar offer that is something like $40/month for 4GBs of data to switch to koodo. The reason I want to go to Koodo is for the tab to get a new phone. I just want to know what my options are in regards to switching. 

Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4

Oreus
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have to agree with checking out the phone prices first. If PM is giving you good value on your plan, you may be able to save a few hundred dollars by buying your phone outright from somewhere like Amazon. I bought my Samsung S9 off Amazon and saved $200-$400 compared to buying it from Koodo ($400 if buying outright, $200 if buying on the biggest Tab plan). Now that I've switched from Koodo to PM, I'm glad I bought an unlocked phone outright!

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I was recently a Koodo customer and the closest I could get to what you're wanting was 2gb data for $45 a month. Not a very good plan in my opinion, I hope this information helps you though.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@openlyreggae wrote:

Hey, I recently got a text from koodo offering me a switch from Public to Koodo. I went to a Koodo booth to ask about the offer ( $50 for 8BGs data + calling features). It's a good deal but I'd rather pay less for less data and asked if that was possible and they said that they can only respond to exact offers and can't change the deal/offer based on what the customer wants. It all depends on what the offer is that gets texted to you. So, im wondering if someone is able to text me a similar offer that is something like $40/month for 4GBs of data to switch to koodo. The reason I want to go to Koodo is for the tab to get a new phone. I just want to know what my options are in regards to switching. 

Thanks. 

@openlyreggae Some PM customers posted earlier regarding the text messages from Kodoo that they don't really do what they said in the text. Calculate the cost of switching before you make the decision. Check out the phone if it is what you are looking for and see how much it costs first. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@openlyreggae wrote:

Thanks. 

The options are take the migration offer, stay with PM or pick another Koodo plan.  These offers are sent out by PM and it is usually the same plan sent out to certain amount of users.  I haven't heard of any other offers being sent out

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.