cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Many threads has been going on regarding posting private info on this community

benwarez
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is there a way PM can warn posters not to post their numbers/accounts or any other confidential info that google engine will use to index it and used by others in wrong manner, like: "Please avoid posting your personal info", something like that ...

14 REPLIES 14

benwarez

That was exactly my point, how can we warn posters not to do so, PM should give them tools to protect themselves, I know they should read knowledge base, what if they don't have time to read it, like Martin said stop signs will prevent accidents, what if that stop signs is not there can we blame person that caused accident?

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
^oh I agree 100%

David
@chukdefatey

Like you, I'm a fan of doing things myself as well. Problem is, the masses don't seem to align with this way of doing things. And our small group is far from being enough to sustain a whole flanker brand 😞

chukdefatey
^I actually like doing things myself which is why I always Thank Telus, Koodo and PM for amazing self serve sites but by like you said North American are so used to phone support so this will like fail.

David

We all know that, sooner or later, the whole thing will fold. There just aren't enough of us (users who troubleshoot themselves) to financially sustain a DIY and BYOD carrier like PM.

Removing support HAS and WILL drive people away and over time, the installed userbase will simply continue to erode until it's not viable anymore.

Hang on to your plans while they last.

(It goes without saying that, of course, this is my humble opinion and nothing else)

chukdefatey
^Well I am just being honest we all know and you know the new plans are pathetic compare to the old ones.

Do you google search everyone who posts here, I couldn't care less and don't have the time to google you or anyone else. Besides it's non of my business.

FYI. Since you like googling people try Microsoft Bing Search it produces better results

Martin
Legend
Legend
chuk,

If you want a company to prosper, you don't scare away potential customers by criticizing it. It's like cutting your own throat with your knife, and then complaining that you're bleeding to death.

ILLOGICAL!

chukdefatey
@Martin, That Pathetic Plans are the new ones, I am on the Grandfathered Plans.

I am not going to answer your Post about the Red Light Crap, once again I don't know why its someone business if I Person chooses to put there Personal info. Move along if you can't help with the OP let them post what ever a person is comartable with

Martin
Legend
Legend
Mat_F,

I have a statistic for you. When I did business online for close to 10 years, I was always baffled when potential clients asked me questions which were clearly addressed in the Terms of Service. I figured everybody was like me, that is, a person who reads the ToS before deciding to do business with a company. Unlike some competitors, my ToS were not hidden away, or in fine print. I eventually came across an article in a reputable business magazine that only 3% of customers read the ToS before becoming paying customers. Upon reading that, I redesigned my web site so that it was impossible to submit a purchase order without first agreeing that one had read the ToS. It came in handy when a new customer purchased hundreds of dollars of services from me, only to claim a charge back. I googled the individual, who was American, and found that he had been convicted of identity theft, and had spent time in prison. Paypal submitted my paperwork to his CC company, including his agreement that he had read the ToS. Since he failed to follow them even to the slightest degree, he lost his claim.

The moral of the story here is: Please post an explicit warning about posting personal identifiers at the "door" to the community. Why? Because very few read the KB articles.

Martin
Legend
Legend
chuk,

I just read your comments on HoFo about how pathetic PM's plans are.

If you're a PM customer, why criticize the carrier which is providing you with service?Remember that no one forced you to sign up.

On the other hand, if you're not a customer, then what are you doing here, criticizing people who want to help people?

Martin
Legend
Legend
chuk,

We obviously need to agree to disagree. You and I have different philosophies regarding protecting people from their own shortcomings.

I'm curious about your apparent lack of empathy. If you saw a pedestrian crossing unlawfully against a red light, and you saw a car heading towards the pedestrian in the middle of the road, would you do your utmost to save the pedestrian, or would you just watch? Your honest answer, please.

chukdefatey
I agree same questions are being asked all the time but People Posting there Personal info is there choice and they are obviously comfortable enough to do it. So let them

Martin
Legend
Legend
Mat_F,

Considering the many questions posed here, it's clear that many posters do not read KB articles or even do preliminary research. If they were to do so, people would not post personal identifiers in the community, and wouldn't ask questions to which answers have been given time and time again.

In short, many people have to be protected from their own shortcomings.

I'm quite sure that it would be possible to post a warning, before entering, against posting personal information, plus advising the entrant that all information in the room is on Google within 40 minutes.

We have stop signs to prevent accidents. We need a sign to prevent people from accidentally posting information that they thought was intended only for PM employees and/or would remain only in this milieu.

Mat_F
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@benwarez We echo your sentiment, which is which is why we created a Public Knowledge Base article called Welcome To Our Community -  under things not to do in our Community. 

Need Help? Let's chat.