cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making things better

Clive2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi all,

I'm new to public, all is working well very satisfied.  Just putting a question out to all members how can Public moving forward tune the product they have for their existing client base and to attract more subscribers.

I'm sure there will be some awesome answers.

18 REPLIES 18

Clive2

Just a thank you to everyone who has responded to this thread and those who have given a bravo

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

PM will likely not offer unlimited data because they offer several rewards others don't. Likely, rewards would suffer if unlimited came to be. Which would you rather have? Seems obvious.

XionBunny

@Karnbot13 wrote:

@Souky123 wrote:

Need unlimited data like the rest of tge providers then there doing great until then so so

I'm not sure about that. 128 kbps data speed when you run out of regular, just so you can market "unlimited" data, isn't worth the price you paid to read that advertisement. 

I found the reduced speed data quite useful, I'd prefer it come here too, more options are better.

Karnbot13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Souky123 wrote:

Need unlimited data like the rest of tge providers then there doing great until then so so

I'm not sure about that. 128 kbps data speed when you run out of regular, just so you can market "unlimited" data, isn't worth the price you paid to read that advertisement. 

yanzhiqiang

I am very happy about the reward program and free add ons. No others doing these.

Souky123

Souky123
Nee

marimacas
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CannonFodder wrote:

@LovesToPM wrote:

They are doing a great job to attract new customers (with Amazon gift card and free gift giveaways).

Its keeping customers that might be an issue. They have to resolve some of the issues that have reared its ugly head for the longest time (we're talking about several years).

Yeah, although I'm relatively new here as well, I got to agree, because I keep seeing the same issues over & OVER. Granted, some of them could be avoided, if more people doing their own activations were a little more tech savvy, BUT I keep seeing the "auto-pay" didn't work" kind of problem, which ought to be taken care of A.S.A.P.

I agree with you. I see relatively the same questions/problems.
It seems I'm a lucky because I haven't had such "general" issues so far.

Clive2

then we need a union lol

Clive2

But i'm looking at the positive side of things, positive change

@Clive2 wrote:

I guess I have opened Pandora's box here, I hope the mods are feeding this back

Nah, I'm sure the Mods and the "powers that be" at PM, are well aware of the issues around here by now.

Clive2

I guess I have opened Pandora's box here, I hope the mods are feeding this back

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CannonFodder wrote:

Which, I suppose, is why they throw rewards at us for helping people with their issues..... guess we're a lot cheaper than having the issues fixed. 😉 

@CannonFodder that's the general concensus around the longer-timers for sure, and I'd agree.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

@Clive2 wrote:

Thanks for the reply, Im sure Telus is watching

@Clive2 they are.  They just aren't putting the time and effort into fixing things very quickly.  Most of these bugs and quirks are several YEARS old.  Telus doesn't want to invest in the fixes, it's quite evident.

Which, I suppose, is why they throw rewards at us for helping people with their issues..... guess we're a lot cheaper than having the issues fixed. 😉 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Clive2 wrote:

@Clive2 they are.  They just aren't putting the time and effort into fixing things very quickly.  Most of these bugs and quirks are several YEARS old.  Telus doesn't want to invest in the fixes, it's quite evident.

Here's some of the quirks and features I've metioned recently:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/Public-Mobile-Rocks-Reply-yes-if-you-agree...

These are but a sampling.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Clive2

@LovesToPM wrote:

They are doing a great job to attract new customers (with Amazon gift card and free gift giveaways).

Its keeping customers that might be an issue. They have to resolve some of the issues that have reared its ugly head for the longest time (we're talking about several years).

Yeah, although I'm relatively new here as well, I got to agree, because I keep seeing the same issues over & OVER. Granted, some of them could be avoided, if more people doing their own activations were a little more tech savvy, BUT I keep seeing the "auto-pay" didn't work" kind of problem, which ought to be taken care of A.S.A.P.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Clive2 wrote:

Hi all,

I'm new to public, all is working well very satisfied.  Just putting a question out to all members how can Public moving forward tune the product they have for their existing client base and to attract more subscribers.

I'm sure there will be some awesome answers.

Need Help? Let's chat.