cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making SIM Cards available for free of cost at outlets

crazyfrog
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I see PM offers the sim cards for free albeit a wait time of 1 week for them to arrive at your place. I also see lot of ads on kijiji where greedy fellas want to cash in the "need" for PM Sim cards so people(like me) who couldnt/doesnt want to wait to set up service asap.

I know this could be a deterrent for a newbie to give PM a chance that it truly deserves rather than thinking of it as a hassle in lieu of the wait times.

Ofcourse there is fee for expedited delivery service of SIM Cards. But in this day and age, charging  / or being charged for a sim card which i believe costs pennies( if not fraction of pennies) to Telecom companies is truly absurd.

Why doesnt PM start a pilot project of making these sim card available for free by joining hands with say a retailer (freshco/ other grocery stores) where people do come often to shop commodities for their needs and might as well get a sim card here.

Ofcourse, after all, having a cellular service is basic need/commidity these days.

Your thoughts and/or feedback is welcome

2 REPLIES 2

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire
Shipping is very fast online. My only issue is the need for multiple orders (no idea why, but no matter how many SIMs I add to cart Public only mails one at a time so I need to go back and place second order)

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

PM already offers free sim card and for me it came in about 3-5 days. I wasn't in hurry to get on a plan. So i was pretty happy to receive it within few days.

It is much better deal than other provider that charge about $20 just for the sim card.  

I do like your suggestion though, to make it available at some stores, at least at the store where PM vouchers are available to purchase. So, please post this idea in the Public Lab Section if someone alreay haven't.

Need Help? Let's chat.