cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MODERATOR TEAM - HOW EFFECTIVE IS COMMUNICATION WITH THEM?

data
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I AM GROWING INCREASINGLY AND PERSISTENTLY FRUSTRATED DUE TO THE LONG DURATION TO REPLY BACK, THE LACK OF RELEVANCY IN THE REPLY I RECEIVE.

I HAVE HAD SEVERAL ACCOUNTS WITH:

KODDOO

FIDO

VIRGIN MOBILE

AND NEVER EXPERIENCED SUCH A IMPRACTICAL METHOD OF COMMUNICATION.

IT SEEMS LIKE PM COMMUNITY IS SPECIALIZING IN SALES PREVENTION!

ANYONE EXPERIENCING THE SAME?

16 REPLIES 16

lemew07
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Well said still the best bang for the buck.

Have a great Day Cheers Lemew

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@data after the moderators fix whatever issue* you have, maybe the moderators can help you find the Caps Lock key on your keyboard.  😉  Sorry, I had to.  I know you're frustrated but as others have already said, please don't yell.

* that said: don't post any personal info like your phone number or account number, but feel free to post the actual issue here in case it's something the community can help with

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dna2016 wrote:

@data, sorry to hear about your frustration with PM and it's customer service strategy, but at the end of the day PM is about self serve and help from others, i.e. the community.  If you want a full serve type of system then I recommend you go back to the companies you mentioned.  The reason why PM can offer so many discounts and credits on a consistent basis and survive is because they save a crap load on paying for a call centre, or a lot of employees on standby.  MODS are on a first come first serve triage system, so whatever message you send them is on their radar, and if they've messaged you back with a very basic/vague response, I'm sure it's because they needed more information.  

For now, I recommend you post your issue on the forum, maybe someone from the community or an Oracle can provide some assistance.  At the end of the day I'm sure your situation isn't unique to just you, all issues have happened before and have been resolved in some way.  Also, you see that question mark on the bottom right hand side of you screen in orange?  Try clicking that and see if there's a solution there.  

But truthfully, PM isn't for everyone, and if standby service is what you need, then I suggest you get out there on Black Friday and sign up with a different provider.  Maybe you'll pay a little more, but at least for your sake, you'll have that peace of mind that you can reach out to someone at any time of the day and get service immediately.

Good Luck.

Perfectly summarized @dna2016!

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@data wrote:

It seems you didn't do your due diligence before joining. Had you done that you would have found out how the Public Mobile model works...

ute1978

@dna2016 wrote:
Maybe you'll pay a little more, but at least for your sake, you'll have that peace of mind that you can reach out to someone at any time of the day and get service immediately.

Well, yes they pay a little more, but service immediately? Not necessarily. Even the seemingly better equipped call centres have waiting lines. For me the worst thing is waiting on hold on the phone. Or if you go into the live chat with Telus thinking you get help right away but it tells you  something like you are number 180 in line.... that is frustrating.

To be honest, in my almost 3 years at Public Mobile I made just good experiences when I needed the help of the mods. Even though I get upset sometimes... all in all I am a happy customer because I think back and I can say since I switched about 3 years ago I saved about $2,000 in total in phone bills.

dna2016

@data, sorry to hear about your frustration with PM and it's customer service strategy, but at the end of the day PM is about self serve and help from others, i.e. the community.  If you want a full serve type of system then I recommend you go back to the companies you mentioned.  The reason why PM can offer so many discounts and credits on a consistent basis and survive is because they save a crap load on paying for a call centre, or a lot of employees on standby.  MODS are on a first come first serve triage system, so whatever message you send them is on their radar, and if they've messaged you back with a very basic/vague response, I'm sure it's because they needed more information.  

For now, I recommend you post your issue on the forum, maybe someone from the community or an Oracle can provide some assistance.  At the end of the day I'm sure your situation isn't unique to just you, all issues have happened before and have been resolved in some way.  Also, you see that question mark on the bottom right hand side of you screen in orange?  Try clicking that and see if there's a solution there.  

But truthfully, PM isn't for everyone, and if standby service is what you need, then I suggest you get out there on Black Friday and sign up with a different provider.  Maybe you'll pay a little more, but at least for your sake, you'll have that peace of mind that you can reach out to someone at any time of the day and get service immediately.

Good Luck.

smp99

Yes, waits are a little long but I still keep referring

The key thing is, and will13am pointed this out a few post back, put as much detail in your message to the mods.  Simply saying "my service doesnt wark (sic) anymore" will certainly lead to a number of time wasting back and forth messages.

If you state "My data is not working, text and calls are fine and I have logged into account and it says active and claims I have only use 10% of my data allotment. Oh and I have just bought a new Samsung xxx android phone of off ebay. " 

The 2nd senerio could likely be fixed in the Community, but you get my point. The problem is, most people who need to read this post, won't.

StewartMann
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've not been here long, a couple of months, but what has become clear to me is,    you need to read the knowledge base and the forum's to get the best from the service.

PM is perfect for those with basic technical knowledge and the abilty to read and absorb information.      Unfortunatly that means it's not for everyone. 

I don't know if that's a great busines model, time will tell.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@data wrote:

I AM GROWING INCREASINGLY AND PERSISTENTLY FRUSTRATED DUE TO THE LONG DURATION TO REPLY BACK, THE LACK OF RELEVANCY IN THE REPLY I RECEIVE.

I HAVE HAD SEVERAL ACCOUNTS WITH:

KODDOO

FIDO

VIRGIN MOBILE

IT SEEMS LIKE PM COMMUNITY IS SPECIALIZING IN SALES PREVENTION!

ANYONE EXPERIENCING THE SAME?

@dataYOU PROBABLY NEVER EXPERIENCED SUCH AN OPPORTUNITY FOR REWARDS AND LOW PRICES WITH ANY OF THOSE COMPANIES EITHER.

Does yelling increase the value of my words?

There are pro's and con's wherever you go. You have to weigh them and decide if this is the right fit for you.

For me- free phone service but maybe have to deal with an occasional glitch / slow response time for help? Not a problem for me. I love it here.

Their response time is up and down, but last many weeks its very long.  

@Psygineer wrote:

Ha, my last reply got auto-modded and disallowed. You are speaking the truth so there is really no reason for you to get envenomed for it. I've done the moderator thing elsewhere and it is a truly thankless task. People are impatient, sure support could be faster here, but they are only human.

@will13am wrote:

NO I cannot say that this is my experience here.  Having said that, I have "learned the ropes" with using private messaging for communications.  It is NOT live chat.  Customer should send empty messages like I have a problem fix it please.  They don't mind read very well.  If a customer explains their problem and requested resolution in complete detail, there should only be one basic response back such a your problem is resolved, please reboot your phone. 

I know I will get lots of venom for making this statement.  It is made based on experience of getting private messages from customers thinking I am a member of the moderator team.  I would say on balance, 8 out of 10 inquiries are missing information.  With that, there could be a lot of back and forths discussions. 

You hit the nail on the head.  They get yelled at all day but still have to stay cheery and never throw any discouraging words back at the unruly customers.  For telephone support, I have learned to never call customer service after lunch.  By that time, they are probably fed up with their job and are watching the clock to see when is quitting time.  Best interactions are first thing in the morning. 

Psygineer

Ha, my last reply got auto-modded and disallowed. You are speaking the truth so there is really no reason for you to get envenomed for it. I've done the moderator thing elsewhere and it is a truly thankless task. People are impatient, sure support could be faster here, but they are only human.

@will13am wrote:

NO I cannot say that this is my experience here.  Having said that, I have "learned the ropes" with using private messaging for communications.  It is NOT live chat.  Customer should send empty messages like I have a problem fix it please.  They don't mind read very well.  If a customer explains their problem and requested resolution in complete detail, there should only be one basic response back such a your problem is resolved, please reboot your phone. 

I know I will get lots of venom for making this statement.  It is made based on experience of getting private messages from customers thinking I am a member of the moderator team.  I would say on balance, 8 out of 10 inquiries are missing information.  With that, there could be a lot of back and forths discussions. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Anonymous
Not applicable

@data- Although current wait times for moderator assistance are a bit long, it has not been the norm over the past 12 months that I have been there.  Remember that Public Mobile does not hide the fact that there is no call center.  If your cell service is a matter of critical importance, then perhaps PM is not for you.  However, you can't beat the savings...

One other thing - even if you are frustrated, typing in ALL CAPS is the equivalent of yelling, and is not considered good community etiquette.

Psygineer

It's a small team. They may have full-time jobs outside of Public Mobile. They also likely get a lot of private messages and it can take a while to flip through them all plus finding posts needing help on the forums can be a challenge because requests can get lost if they are not specifically targeted at the mods. They also are not available 24 hours a day (they need their sleep!). I have to say that when I have needed the mods they generally replied within a few days although it did seem a bit canned at first (probably sort of is) they do a decent job helping those they can.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Every interaction i have had has been good.  since interactions are one way communications, much depends on the initial message (content, explanation, details).  

can you provide some examples of the ineffective communications?

Need Help? Let's chat.