cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS

Scottman79
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I've got a leagoo alpha phone and I can't sent MMS I set up the APN and still nothing my phone is only a 3g but it keeps saying telus 3g the phone is unlocked every thing is working excellent thanks
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CPB2005 wrote:

I'm not sure but I think the last two options might want to be blank.

Edit: And maybe add -> ,supl <-  to APN Type.

CPB2005

Screenshot_20181231-165532.png

Screenshot_20181231-165621.png

CPB2005

Data are on at all time, apn configured like mentionned in other posts with correct values and parameters, S7 Edge from Verizon on Android 7.0 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CPB2005 wrote:

Hi Shazia, i am facing the same problems with an unlocked S7 edge from Verizon i bought 2 weeks ago. I have setup proper apn with all the necessary parameters but still can't  send any mms ! Able to receive them i think as i received few pictures from a friend but when its time.to send one or even just a large text.with emojis it doesn't  work at all. Please help. 

Is your data mode on? That's the easy one. MMS requires data mode to be on regardless of data in your plan or add-on.

Is the phone on Android 8.1? Some issues around that.

@CPB2005

You might want to private message the moderator with your issue.  Right now, with your post, Shazia will not get your message.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

As you wait for moderator, you could try a network reset.  Make sure the APN Settings is correct exactly for your phone by visiting https://apn-canada.gishan.net/. 

Data should be turned on.  

CPB2005

Hi Shazia, i am facing the same problems with an unlocked S7 edge from Verizon i bought 2 weeks ago. I have setup proper apn with all the necessary parameters but still can't  send any mms ! Able to receive them i think as i received few pictures from a friend but when its time.to send one or even just a large text.with emojis it doesn't  work at all. Please help. 

Thanks @Shazia_K, excellent.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Scottman79,

I'm sorry to see that you're unable to send MMS messages. 

I will be glad to look into this for you, would it be possible to send me your Public Mobile phone number via private message? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

No problem, I tried to narrow down the list of suspects in this.

BTW, have you tried inserting Sim in a different handet if applicable?

This is the only possible way to fully determine if its your Leagoo handset that is experiencing this.

Also, as an alternate solution, If you have Hangout or What'sapp or anything similar, that is the only other go around solution for this, I'm afraid

Scottman79
Thanks for all your help I really appreciated

@Val_T, can you assist @Scottman79? He for some strange reason can't MMS text out, BUT can still SMS text and Receive all incoming Txts as well as receive calls and call out, and his Data thing is functional

His Phone is a Leagoo Alfa 5 Phone

alright. Have you tried inserting Sim in another handset to see if you can receive MMS?

If yes and yes, then its definitely the Handset leagoo phone that has an issue with that MMS portion.

All I can say is, Try another handset, like Moto, LG brand or Samsung, if you have any, in order to be absolutely 100% certain that MMS works, and if so, then you should contact PM via private message or email and they'll have more access to that. 

Scottman79
Yes it dose

Scottman79
Yes I can send SMS and received

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/APN-settings/m-p/30197#M4079

Does the APN settings match these from the Link I sent you?

OK, that means you have almost all function except MMS.

Just for curiosity, have you tried inserting Sim in another handset?

To see if MMS works? If yes, then its more than likely your phone has some faulty software, a defect of some sort, or there's a network issue.

Scottman79
I have the APN for PM's but it still comes up as telus

Scottman79
Yes I can send SMS and received them

ok, that narrows it down.

If you can receive All Txts, SMS and MMS, Can you send Regular SMS Txts?

If so, and MMS is only thing you can't do, then its either phone is faulty, or a Network issue.

Can you send Regular SMS Txt at least?

Scottman79
Yes I can used my data and yes I did set the APN to PM's

ok. So, if you're able to call out, normal Txt, Receive Txts MMS or SMS, what about your Data, can you use your Data on your phone?

Do you have any Data Plan?

Just to narrow it further.

Also, Data must be turned on for MMS to be sent.

Did you set the APN settings to PM's required info?

Scottman79
Got it from aliexpress China every thing works great just can't sent pictures but can received them

Scottman79
About two week's and yes it is a dual sim

Where did you purchase this phone from?

Also, I was looking at the Specs, though it supports the necessary WCDMA 3G 850/1900 MHz specs, No LTE

Just curious, Can you still make calls or any other function, except MMS?

Can you send SMS messages? just so that I can eliminate all probable causes and get your handset working.

I must admit, I never heard of that brand.

How long have you had this phone?

Also, is it a Single or Dual-Sim?

Scottman79
Alfa 5 and it's a android

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Hi. What model is it specifically?

Also, is it an Android, or Windows?

Just so that I can research the phone and assist

Need Help? Let's chat.