cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: MMS to FREEDOM/WIND subscribers from/by PUBLICMOBILE subscribers

@s2scotty wrote:

@RossN wrote:

@s2scotty unless someone else here has any ideas I would suggest you contact a moderator click here

I already have the ticket up and going as well. /S

@s2scotty Is it the one freedom subscriber or all freedom subscribers? When you look at your usage logs does the mms mms entry show up?

Oracle

@s2scotty , I was a Wind customer for a number of years before moving here.  There was always hit and miss problems with MMS.  My take on it is the problem continues.  I know it is not a solution, but it is what it is.  I don't exchange a lot of MMS with my contacts, but I never had any issues sending and receiving.  I literally do not have any Freedom users in my contact list.  They have all been "converted".  

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@geopublic, we only know two FREEDOM subscribers and it is both of them that MMS fails (100% of our sampling of two fails 100% of the time).  /S

@geopublic wrote:
@s2scotty When you look at your usage logs does the mms mms entry show up?

09/07/2019 8:47 Data Event 4370000000 4370000000 ON 1 MMS $0.00

09/07/2019 3:55 Data Event 4370000000 4370000000 ON 1 MMS $0.00
08/07/2019 7:59 Data Event 4370000000 4370000000 ON 1 MMS $0.00
07/07/2019 9:51 Data Event 4370000000 4370000000 ON 1 MMS $0.00

These are to F/W subscriber. These entries look identical to successful entries with other carriers (i.e. non-FREEDOM/WIND).

/S

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It's a Telus wide issue. MMS from Telus' networks seem to have issues but it seems phone and account dependent. My wife is on Telus and my primary phone is on Freedom and her MMS never come through (we just use WhatsApp instead for pics). One of my best friends is also on Telus and no issues with his MMS.

I've never had an issue with a Rogers or Bell based account and MMS to/from Freedom. Something quirky about Telus but it's not system wide.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@JackQuint wrote:

It's a Telus wide issue. MMS from Telus' networks seem to have issues but it seems phone and account dependent. My wife is on Telus and my primary phone is on Freedom and her MMS never come through (we just use WhatsApp instead for pics). One of my best friends is also on Telus and no issues with his MMS.

I've never had an issue with a Rogers or Bell based account and MMS to/from Freedom. Something quirky about Telus but it's not system wide.

@s2scotty  Would be intersting to hear what the response/soloution from the PM moderator/Telus tech team is. Please keep us posted.

I have never heard of such problems between the two carriers should work fine between both parties! 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I could understand SMS problems since Sunday to/from Freedom customers as SMS is delivered over the voice network not the data network and voice service is where the problem has been with Freedom since Sunday.

Terry