cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS issues

Matt82
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey guys, 

I know there are a few strings on here about MMS issues, but I have tried a few solutions and am still having problems. 

I have updated the APN, MMSC, Authentication Type and APN Type, etc. The only thing that seems to work is to reset my phone (Oneplus 3T). I have zero issues with data and cell service, it's just sending/receiving MMS messages seems to drop out intermittently. Also, I can't receive videos/pictures sent to me via MMS. 

I joined PM because it was a great offer, the cell coverage is strong and it was recommended by a friend. With that said, this is an issue that seems rather prevelant, and something that shouldn't need to be figured out by customers. 

Thanks. 

9 REPLIES 9

Send a private message to any of them, and they will all see it. One of them will respond, but response times are a bit slow right now due to the promo.

Matt82

How do I get a moderator or someone from Public Mobile to contact me directly? I believe I may have sorted out my MMS issue, but now my data is not working. I am able to make phone calls, but unable to access data from any of my apps (twitter, facebook, etc). Not impressed with PM right now. 

Matt82

Texts were working for a few days, but went back to getting hung up. I have now tried your solution of changing the MVNO, which sent the texts right away. Fingers crossed it's the long term solution I'm looking for. 

Matt82

Thanks for the reply. I made sure that data was on, this was step 1 Smiley Happy

I ended up resetting to factory default, which switched me to the telus APN for some reason. This allowed the hanging MMS messages to go through, but then killed everything else. I then switched to the PM network with the recommended settings and have had no issues since yesterday. 

One thing that made a difference for me is the last 2 lines in the APN settings:

MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

But I never had intermittent problems. Either it worked (with the settings) or it didn't.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire
Just to make sure that we cover the basics your data is turned on right , and wifi is off , you can't receive MMS without data on.
Check your MMS Settings in textra for any thing irregular. And try what was mentioned before try it in an other phone .

No if sim faulty then you won't get anything did you tried resetting or remove sim turn off phone insert sim restart
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Matt82

Thanks for the feedback. I was using Textra, but went back to default android APP as I thought it could be a textra issue. That did not help. 

If I get cell coverage and data, do you think it could be the sim that would be the reason for MMS issue? 

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
Did you tried any third party app for mms or also try your sim in other phone to see if mms working. If you able to get mms working in other phone then try reset to factory default and reinsert your sim.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.