cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Love the new marketing slogan: " The phone company without a phone number. Less for less."

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just saw the new marketing slogan on the main webpage & had a chuckle as PM also notes their irony of no call centre and (I'm assuming here...how that helps keep prices down).

I made a comment/ reply in a thread about PM & that new customers should be made (better) aware that PM is on line with no call center (& thus no listening to hold music) and no brick stores (& as such no long lineups at counter like last Oct).  I also added that maybe us/ community could help by mentioning those aspects when doing referals so new folks understand that while usually all goes well at the start & for me ever since..  that we can avoid the urgent threads who do i call type thing.  

In reality while with other companies a customer can call to connect instantly - you could be on hold longer than the normal reply here at PM Community (although delay can creep up during promos for help by Mods).. especialy with those community folks that seem to be online so often & have responded with mere minutes with brilliant adivce... (you know who you are @Samianauman@will13am @ShawnC13 and those many others that seem to reply so quickly...) 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Top-Contributors-June-2017/m-p/168013

Anyway had a little chuckle & curious if anyne had noticed...  (or am i late to the party)...

Here's the new slogan if i was able to paste ..

PM slogan capture.JPG

11 REPLIES 11

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@canucks4life wrote:

@Shutdown wrote:

I think what they ment for "MORE FOR LESS" however the LESS in the "LESS" for less is true.

Was already copyrighted lol

Well that's awkward....

Raven_Jet
Just remember, yes there is 3G and LTE options but these options are rock solid coverage and large big 3 network operation.

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Shutdown wrote:

I think what they ment for "MORE FOR LESS" however the LESS in the "LESS" for less is true.

Was already copyrighted lol

jpar

@will13am wrote:

@Shutdown wrote:

Let me add a tiny correction, it is paying WAY MORE for less.  Let's not forget that there is a bonus data offering that expires July 24.  Otherwise, it $141 for 6 gigs of 3G data over 90 days compared to the previous regular price of $120 for 6 gigs of LTE data over 90 days.  Now, 6 gigs of LTE data over 90 days cost $180! The closest to $120 pricing is $126 for 3 gigs of 3G data.  Let me say it again, it is paying WAY MORE for a lot less.

Yup... nothing much good to say about these new plans at all. Smiley Indifferent

@Shutdown wrote:

Let me add a tiny correction, it is paying WAY MORE for less.  Let's not forget that there is a bonus data offering that expires July 24.  Otherwise, it $141 for 6 gigs of 3G data over 90 days compared to the previous regular price of $120 for 6 gigs of LTE data over 90 days.  Now, 6 gigs of LTE data over 90 days cost $180! The closest to $120 pricing is $126 for 3 gigs of 3G data.  Let me say it again, it is paying WAY MORE for a lot less.

sbreakin

I didn't notice the new rates first thing this am but now that I've seen the new plans & took a few minutes to try to figure out the changes, I see what folks are commenting about.  I didn't have old rates closeby but it seemed that the LTE rates bumped up a bit - so hopefully they'll have an occassional special. I had impression that the new 3G rates were intended to provide a bit more data for the price by having a slower speed (although not quite like unlimited with throttling) but they seem kind of close to the old prices...  I guess prices do go up over time but would like to compare later when i have bit more time. Unless one of our community is busy doing a comparison already. 

Jamar_so_far
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yeah, with these prices, I don't foresee a huge increase in customers now. However, whenever those promos roll through watch out!!! 

Shutdown

Jamar_so_far
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Samianauman @sbreakin @mimmo

It's interesting though, I don't really see how any new customer is getting less for less now, checking these new rates. it's the same as Koodo (and koodo is cheaper with some promo deals). I guess if you only count 3G rate plans now and compare them only to Freedom...

With the hassle I went through (not complaining based on the freedom port plan I got), I can't imagine how any new customer would be at all pleased if they were paying equivalent rates and not having a phone for a 3-7 days. 

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
Appreciate that you appreciate ours contribution to this forum. 🙂

Also it's great to be a part of community forum and also by helping others.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Its all part of ther new plan campaign, as they are now offering 3g and 4g data options

Need Help? Let's chat.