cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost phone without account

solespirit
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! I just lost my phone, and before that, I never had to access my account. When I try to create an account, it says that I received a 6 digits code on my phone (that is lost!). How do I cancel my SIM to make sure the person who got my phone could not use the account? How can I find my account number? If nobody answers, what is the Customer service number?  Thanks everyone!

14 REPLIES 14

Mezzarobba

Thanks, we made the mistake of not setting up an account and when the phone was lost we were not able to. Once we're reconnected, we'll do that.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Mezzarobba 

I'm happy to hear things have turned around. I avoid Simple--Simon like the plague and stick to private messages when dealing with customer support. But any question you have big or small, seemingly silly or serious just come to the community and ask. We will point you in the right direction or give you the inside scoop or lay it on the line.....whatever it takes to help you out.

BTW...if you are wondering about the new points program its similar but the rewards program is much better especially when it comes to the loyalty rewards. Don't switch stick with rewards.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Mezzarobba  yes. Simon is not easy. glad it works out

remember , always create online account for any service . you need it.  like PM, you need it to update credit card at some point. 

Mezzarobba

Thank you so much for the reply. Once I did get a hold of a CSA things did get much better and I was able to follow your advice. It's not easy to do though and Simon isn't very helpful. 

@Mezzarobba 

When you get in touch with a CSA they can help finish setting up self serve for you but more importantly have the CSA suspend the service via lost/stolen unless you already have a replacement sim card.

If you have a new unactivated pm sim card you can verify the account and have the CSA swap the sim card. You could then place the pm sim card in your phone to finish setting up the self serve account. Then you can choose how you want to proceed forward.

With the sim card replaced and account access you could wait til just before midnight eastern on day 30 of your son's plan and suspend the service via lost/stolen. This would keep the voicemail active but prevent an account balance or autopay from renewing the plan. You can leave this for max 89 days before paying and reactivating or the account will be cancelled and the number lost.

I suspect that Santa might bring your son a new phone so you may or may not need to do this at all. 

I'm sorry to hear you have lost trust in pm....is there anyway we could help restore your faith in pm? If anything you can ask the CSA to add the holiday gifts to your son's account. At least when he does get a replacement phone he will have 2gb of bonus add on data and 500 international long distance calling minutes.

@Mezzarobba you should have setup the access to My Account in the beginning and it would be less trouble now.  

Since you have opened ticket,  keep checking your community inbox as CS agent will reply you there

Mezzarobba

My son has lost his phone. Unfortunately, I had not set up an account as he was using the phone and I was paying for the service. Now that I need to cancel and replace the phone on the plan, I can't set up the online account as I cannot receive the text. I have been unable to speak to a person and don't want to buy a refurbished phone online as I have lost trust in this company. I have submitted a ticket - help!

ArkonAdeka

Good day sbbcomputer 🙂

Would you mind providing whether or not your phone was an android or iphone?

sbbcomputer

hi i lost my phone i need to know the IMEI number of my phone i want to add it in black list and need to get a new sim card my number is 4389391919 thanks

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@krazykiwi wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

In answer to part of your question...there is no customer service number. Just follow the instructions of previous contributors, but be patient as the moderators may not get back to you for 48 hours or so.Good luck.

Apparently the MODS have been able to get it down to 24 hrs and according to all the pop ins on this forum I see from them lately, this is all a good sign.

Very promising!! 🙂 Good job mods (if you ever see these kinds of posts!) 😛

@hairbag1 wrote:

In answer to part of your question...there is no customer service number. Just follow the instructions of previous contributors, but be patient as the moderators may not get back to you for 48 hours or so.Good luck.

Apparently the MODS have been able to get it down to 24 hrs and according to all the pop ins on this forum I see from them lately, this is all a good sign.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Anonymous
Not applicable

@solespirit wrote:

Hi! I just lost my phone, and before that, I never had to access my account. When I try to create an account, it says that I received a 6 digits code on my phone (that is lost!). How do I cancel my SIM to make sure the person who got my phone could not use the account? How can I find my account number? If nobody answers, what is the Customer service number?  Thanks everyone!

You'll need help from the moderators on this one but unfortunately it'll take a day or so to get it.

Send ONE (1) private message to them here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification delays.

Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or, in addition, either of these to get to 3: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.
And of course your question/problem.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET). But it could be up to a couple days.
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Get back here and see a red blob over the little envelope in the upper right of your screen and click on it to see the message.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@solespirit wrote:

You have to message the mods to gain access to your account. Click this to send them a message. Remember to give a full description of your issue with as much detail and include your name, account number and/or phone number, birthday, addrses, last top up amount and pin number (or EVERYTHING YOU DO HAVE) so they don’t send you a message back asking for more details. 

Once you gain access you can mark the account as lost or stolen in self serve. Easy peasy

Need Help? Let's chat.