cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost and found phone

RUser
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I live in Europe and I found a lost phone at one airport. 

On the phone there is a message saying:

New voicemail

Dial +1 647-580-4001

As I googled it seems that this phone belongs to a Public mobile customer. 

I would like to return the phone to the owner and I was wondering if I can give the imei number of the phone to the customer service representative and they to look for in în their database and contact the owner via email.

No other ways of identifying the owner are possible. The phone is in airplane mode and has a pin/face recognition lock.

Thanks in advance! I hope we can help the owner. 

11 REPLIES 11

I know that repitition can happen by accident. None of us are perfect.  However, there are some threads in which people come in many hours or sometimes even days later and repeat the messages from before. I realize that Community rewards are partly based on the number of posts, but I would imagine that there are enough threads to go around for everyone who wish to add their input to different questions.

jonfirlotte
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yup!

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hey @RUser 

You are my HERO!!!!!

Thank you sooooooo much for being awsom and reminding us how great people are

Hugs from Canada

@jonfirlotte wrote:

I would ask the moderator team about this, they might be able to help.

@jonfirlotte 

Did you read the previous posts before you threw in your generic "ask the mods" reply?

This has been solved hours ago...

jonfirlotte
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I would ask the moderator team about this, they might be able to help.

RUser

I did contact Telus and they didn't disclose any information for the customer but seems like they found the number of the SIM card and I left my email address there.

So we are on a good track! Thak you all!

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RUser wrote:

@GR, thank you so much! I didn't think of this idea cause I wanted to keep the phone as I found it.

The sim card is white and on the back of it there is the number of the card, a super small black and green logo and the following text "NTTRISIM Nano".

Is it a Public mobile sim card?

@RUser 

Looks like that's a Telus SIM. PM SIMs have the letters NPMTRISIM, while Koodo SIMs have NKTRISIM (at least on the plastic cards they're punched out from, if not the SIMs themselves).  When you contact Telus, you could also provide them the SIM number to help with the account identification.  Kudos to you for making this effort to reunite the phone with the owner.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@RUser  Hey how awesome are you.  I can't give you any better advice than @GR  has in regards to finding the phones owner. I will keep an eye on posts for someone asking to cancel their SIM or report their phone lost/stolen. You may want to private message one of the oracles and leave some contact information like your email on the off chance we can match it to someone posting on the community. Or alternatively  you can continue to comment on your post once a week or so to keep it up in the current posts in case the owner starts looking on the community.

Put: help articles/ oracles in the search bar and the article will come up introducing them and you can choose whom to private message...or find them on the bravoleader board and click on their icon.

RUser

The logo seems to be the Telus one.

Thank you for your idea! I will continue by contacting Telus.

Bye!

RUser

@GR, thank you so much! I didn't think of this idea cause I wanted to keep the phone as I found it.

The sim card is white and on the back of it there is the number of the card, a super small black and green logo and the following text "NTTRISIM Nano".

Is it a Public mobile sim card?

GR
Mayor / Maire

@RUser  it could be public mobile, Koodo or Telus, they all use the same voicemail phone number. You could remove the Sim card to see if it says Telus or Koodo, if it's blank it's public mobile. After you know that you can contact the company by phone or if it public mobile click here to send a message to the moderators https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Need Help? Let's chat.