cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Phone Again!!

Jo-Anne
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I was last on here when I lost my cell phone for the first time. A member by the name of Monica was in touch but I was unable to get things resolved. My phone did get found, but once again, I have lost it and cannot access. I would like to now cancel my account for now. 

Can anyone help? 

12 REPLIES 12

Bubba
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I hope its in your house.

People loose things, leave stuff behind and dont know where they put somthing down especially when theyare stressed. A few years ago due to stress, similar stuff like that was hapening to me. Thankfully I didnt leave my phone anywhere, and I have a habit of always wearing sometime of coat or jacket. 

But I did lave bags of groceries on the bus and subway several times, and even when I locked my door after leaving home, was never sure I did and would have to go back and check that I did indeed lock it, even if it was 30 seconds ago. 

@Triguy wrote:

If you have autopay setup you can remove your cc to prevent renewal.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/update-or-remove-your-payment-card

How can the user do this if they don't have access to the phone to call 611, and do not have a self-serve account setup?  Come on @Triguy, read the thread before you comment useless information.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jo-Anne  It  seems mods are taking a longer than expected time to reply to messages 48+ hours so be patient.  

I am assuming you tried  google and apple find my phone features.

hopefully when you find your phone or get a new one you will create a selfserve  account.  I am assuming that you don't have one as that is the only time pm sends verification sms, other than account verification requests from mods.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you have autopay setup you can remove your cc to prevent renewal.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/update-or-remove-your-payment-card

Jo-Anne

Thank you Jordan. I appreciate your help. I have sent on a post to the moderators re this and my hope is that it gets solved!

@Jo-AnneYou will need the moderators help to get access to your account, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

They may take 2-3 days to respond Smiley Frustrated

jordan23

That's true. In that case, I think the only way to do it is by sending a private message to the moderators again and hopefully you get a response back as soon as possible. Here's the link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Jo-Anne

I am unable to sign on as it asks for my phone number and then they are to send a code. Well, how can I retrieve a code on my phone if I do not have it!?

Jo-Anne

I am unable to log onto my account as when I attempt to, it asks for my phone number and that it will then send on a code. I'm not sure what to do?

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@Jo-Anne You can use your account to report your phone as lost/stolen, it will keep it from trying to renew. If you have autopay set up you should delete your credit card information to make sure you won't be charged for renewal.

jordan23

@Jo-Anne sorry to hear that you lost your phone again. If you haven't heard back from the moderator, you can actually sign in to My Account and suspend your service from there until you find your phone again. Go to the "Plan and Add-Ons" tab and selet "Lost/Stolen Phone" as shown below:lost.JPG

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you log into your account, under the plans and add-on tabs  there is a sub-tab for lost and stolen phones. From there you will find a button for suspend service.

Need Help? Let's chat.