cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of service

LynseyOldenburg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We just switched over to PM from TELUS on Monday. This morning I woke up with no cell service, but my husbands phone works just fine. My account is active, no outstanding balance and the SIM card number is correct. I use an iPhone 7. It has been turned off multiple times, the SIM cards removed and put back. When hubby try’s to call it says my number is not in service. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don’t really want to drive an hour to go in store for assistance. Thank you kindly.

29 REPLIES 29

@LynseyOldenburg wrote:

Yay! It is fixed! Thank you so much everyone for all your help!!!!!

Awesome, glad to hear!!Smiley Happy

LynseyOldenburg

They honestly haven’t said yet, but I rebooted my phone and removed the SIM card to see if that would help, and I finally have a working number again! If they tell me how they fixed it, I will be sure to post!

@LynseyOldenburg wrote:

I’m glad the problem was fixed. So what’s the exactly problem you had got?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LynseyOldenburg wrote:

Good to hear. So what if anything finally got it going?

LynseyOldenburg

LynseyOldenburg

No I didn’t get that step, and have not gotten a response fro the MOD since Sunday evening. I don’t know who else to contact. 

vikingz

I had the same issue, only one of the families phone had this issue.  (5 phones).  It just happened to be my phone as well.  I tried the lost/stolen trick to no avail.  I even tried my sim in another one of the phones as well and that did not work.  I contacted a moderator and they said the same thing to me.  12-24 hours to fix.  the first response I got was a follow this link to ensure that I was the owner of the account, did you get to this step?  Did you reply to the moderator that you completed that step?  If you did then they are working on it.  It took about a day day for me, I did not recieve a "hey we fixed it".  I just turned my phone off and it was working.  If you didnt get those steps from the moderator then I would suggest send them another request.  I know it is frustrating but hang in there.  I can say it is definitely worth the wait and the savings.

@LynseyOldenburg wrote:

Yes a ticket was opened. They said it could take 12-24 hours, that was Sunday evening so it’s been 36 or so hours now. I totally understand things take time, but I will try your suggestions as I feel I have tried every other solutgiven to me. Thank you!

Yes, you have been more patient than most that is for sure. I just hope the @CS_Agent  reads this in the hopes that they might be able to speed things up. That is a long time to wait for phone service!

LynseyOldenburg

Yes a ticket was opened. They said it could take 12-24 hours, that was Sunday evening so it’s been 36 or so hours now. I totally understand things take time, but I will try your suggestions as I feel I have tried every other solutgiven to me. Thank you!

@LynseyOldenburg wrote:

@geopublic i have yet to hear back from a MOD yet and still do not have a working phone... at this rate I think I am better off switching providers again. Not really sure what else to do at this point honestly. 

Wow, I can understand your frustration this should have not happened. Did the moderator open up a ticket with their technical departement. If they did then it would be worthwhile in my opinion to wait and see what they have to say. What happens when you put in your old Telus SIM card in your phone?

Since it sounds like a port issue you might want to call Telus, explain what happend and they might be able to help you get the issue resolved since they have a lot more resources to deal with complex tech issues.

Hope this helps and I hope they do resolve it soon!Smiley Happy

LynseyOldenburg

@geopublic i have yet to hear back from a MOD yet and still do not have a working phone... at this rate I think I am better off switching providers again. Not really sure what else to do at this point honestly. 

LynseyOldenburg

Thank you I will ask again, it’s just funny how it worked for 4 days and then just went to no service. When you call my number it says 6UC1- number not in service so who knows. Once the issue is resolved I will post on this thread.

@LynseyOldenburg wrote:

I have asked. They said it’s an issue with the line (asked if I wanted a new number, which I don’t, because they would have just done a new activation) so they opened a ticket and said it should be resolved within 12-24 hours. It’s been 21 hours since, and nothing has changed yet on my end. I am trying to be patient.

@LynseyOldenburgThanks for the update. Hopefully the number hasn't been re-assigned and they will able to iron it out. I strongly believe something went wrong during the port.

LynseyOldenburg

I have asked. They said it’s an issue with the line (asked if I wanted a new number, which I don’t, because they would have just done a new activation) so they opened a ticket and said it should be resolved within 12-24 hours. It’s been 21 hours since, and nothing has changed yet on my end. I am trying to be patient.

@LynseyOldenburg wrote:

I was told to get a new SIM card yesterday, that still didn’t fix the problem. They said it’s an issue with the line. I could get a new number or open a ticket and have the issue fixed. I want to keep my phone number, so that is the route I took. Here is to hoping that in a few hours it starts working again. 4 days with no phone and young kids living in the country isn’t ideal...

@LynseyOldenburg: I think it's worth it at this point to ask the Moderators to check the port from Telus. From what you describe there is a possibility that the port got stuck. They should be able to determine fairly quickly if that is the case.

LynseyOldenburg

My husbands SIM card works in my phone, so it is not the phone itself.

@LynseyOldenburg wrote:

I was told to get a new SIM card yesterday, that still didn’t fix the problem. They said it’s an issue with the line. I could get a new number or open a ticket and have the issue fixed. I want to keep my phone number, so that is the route I took. Here is to hoping that in a few hours it starts working again. 4 days with no phone and young kids living in the country isn’t ideal...

Since you have tried a lot of ways to fix, even got a new Sim card, but still didn't fix the problem, I would suggest go to Apple store, let staff check your iPhone 7, make sure it's not the problem of iPhone 7.

LynseyOldenburg

pavellyzhin

Check if your sim card in your phone has the same last numbers as in your account. Go to"Change SIM card" in your account and it will show last four numbers of you current sim card. If it does not agree, you have the same issue as me and PM will do nothing to fix it. It easy to just port yourself to another provider, keep you account under lost/stole phone until you port it out.

If the number is the same, its a different story. 

I hope someone didn't attempt to port your number away like it recently happened to @ekung and @pavellyzhin.

LynseyOldenburg

I have been in contact with them, just waiting on working out an answer.

@LynseyOldenburg wrote:

Unfortunately putting my SIM card in another phone did not work.

Ok, to resolve your issue you need to contact the Moderator Team They shouild be able to troubleshoot the problem and get your service up and running again. The link will allow you to send the moderator team a private message. Just describe the problem and the steps you already have taken without sucess.

Hope this helps!

LynseyOldenburg

Unfortunately putting my SIM card in another phone did not work.

LynseyOldenburg

It isn’t. I wish it was a simple fix.

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi. Make sure your phone is not in "airplane" mode.

LynseyOldenburg

The list/stolen truck didn’t work I will try putting the SIM card in his phone

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@LynseyOldenburg wrote:

We just switched over to PM from TELUS on Monday. This morning I woke up with no cell service, but my husbands phone works just fine. My account is active, no outstanding balance and the SIM card number is correct. I use an iPhone 7. It has been turned off multiple times, the SIM cards removed and put back. When hubby try’s to call it says my number is not in service. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don’t really want to drive an hour to go in store for assistance. Thank you kindly.

Since your account is active, without an outstanding balance and to eliminate the possibility of a hardware issue with your phone what happens if you put you SIM card in your husband's phone? Can you make/receive calls?

@LynseyOldenburg the Lost/Stolen trick is recommended because it has the same effect as doing a soft reset on your account and in many instances fixes similar issues.

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@LynseyOldenburg wrote:

@LynseyOldenburgLog into your self serve account and confirm the phone number on file is the same. You can click "Plan and Add-ons" and it will show the curent number. Either way there is a major problem. 

Try the lost / stolen trick. Log into self serve. Click Plans & Addons. Click Lost/Stolen phone. Click Suspend service. Log out of self serve. Reboot phone. Wait 10 minutes. Log back in. Go back to the same place and say found phone. Reboot phone.

If that doesn't help send a private message to the public mobile moderator team. Click this to message them.

Is this PM networking’s problem? Why try the lost / stolen trick would can fix the problem? If it is networking problem, PM should fix it, though I don’t have this problem now.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@LynseyOldenburg wrote:

@LynseyOldenburgLog into your self serve account and confirm the phone number on file is the same. You can click "Plan and Add-ons" and it will show the curent number. Either way there is a major problem. 

Try the lost / stolen trick. Log into self serve. Click Plans & Addons. Click Lost/Stolen phone. Click Suspend service. Log out of self serve. Reboot phone. Wait 10 minutes. Log back in. Go back to the same place and say found phone. Reboot phone.

If that doesn't help send a private message to the public mobile moderator team. Click this to message them.

Need Help? Let's chat.