cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for specific Number that ISNT Active

blackberry
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, so im looking for a specific number. I had this number back in 2014 with wind mobile but "lost" it. Im sure it has been recycled since then. Upon doing some look ups online i found out the prefix(993-the 3 digits after the area code) of the number i want belongs to telus. upon deeper review i found out that public mobile has it. Ive been trying to call this number for months and i continue to recieve a fast busy tone which leads me to believe it is no longer in use. I purchased a Public sim to activate online to see if i can find this number but it says its not availble and i dont know why since clearly no one has it. Im willing to pay extra money for this number, up to $100cdn:)

any help would be awesome. btw the numer i want is (289)993-4001

CHeers!

15 REPLIES 15

blackberry

i appreciate all the help folks. and i tried that already dan. its an apple id with 2-step veification. need 2 out the 3 keys to get in. 1. password 2. trusted device/number 3. recovery key. i only have one of the keys(n)

Dan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Perhaps you are going about this the wrong way. The phone cannot be the only piece of information that the service you are trying to reach has about you. Why don't you try contacting them and explain your situation, give them all the information that will prove you are who you say you are, and ask them if they can help you out to reset the access to your account?

@blackberry wrote:

i have this number with wind(now freedom) back in 2014, i called them today and they said i cant get the number back. the rep didnt give me a straight reply if its been recycled or banned:')

Freedom Mobile would not be able to assign a number from a Telus exchange to a new activation.  I know that carrier lookup sight says that it is still assigned to Wind, but I can't say if that's because it was never release back to Telus (as it should have been) or if another Telus customer happened to activate it and then port it to Freedom.  I wouldn't expect you to be getting a fast busy tone when calling it if it is still not in use.  Telus carriers use a pretty standard "the number you are calling is not service" pre-recorded error messages for calls to unassigned numbers.

blackberry

i have this number with wind(now freedom) back in 2014, i called them today and they said i cant get the number back. the rep didnt give me a straight reply if its been recycled or banned:')

blackberry

i checked on 411.ca and several other sites. Telus owns the "993" prefix

I'm in 226-922, and my voicemail is accessed via the number 226-922-4001.

There are many posts that have been left in the forum regarding voicemail numbers, and time and time again, the 4001 is listed, along with 4002 in some cases.

So, when I press and hold '1' on my phone, it calls the number I listed above to access my mail box.

Dan

How did you track the number to PM?

http://www.freecarrierlookup.com/ shows it is still on Wind (now Freedom). I have not seen this website make mistakes, on the very day I'd port a number out from one carrier to another it would update the number to the new provider.

cricketfan
The number once unattached is sent back to the original carrier from whom it started from.
Your best bet would be try koodo on pre paid, I got all my good numbers from them.

blackberry

what do you mean by default local call access?

I think this will be a lost cause.  The numbers ending in 4001 are the default local call access for voicemail on Public Mobile.   In bigger areas, there are 4002, and I would imagine maybe even 4003 and 4004 to accomodate the larger subscriber base.

Sorry, but I think your desire may be hopeless.  Funny fact, Telus took over Public in 2014, which is when you said you last had the number.

blackberry

yes i did exactly that and i have been doing that for a couple weeks now. it says it isn't available.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

If Public Mobile has access to this number, one thing that can be tried is a phone number change from an existing account or select new number on new activation.  Just select a 289 city and enter 4001 in the search criteria and see what happens.  How do I collect the bounty?  Cat Tongue

lol unfortunately i don't have the answers you need, perhaps one of hte mods can assist @Shazia_K.

blackberry

haha yea i need this number, i used it as a verification number for another service and the only way i can get it back is if i can verify the code thats going to be sent to this number(n)

based on my research, i seen telus/public mobile recycle numbers after 90 days:') wonder if i can somehow be notified once its avaible. i dont want to go through the activation process everyday to see if it becomes available lol.

Also, once numbers are recycled are they available to every carrier? 

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire
You must really love this number!

Unfortunately I'm sure public mobile can't tell you who has it if someone does.
Or that person would need to be active on ththe forums for you to find them.
Need Help? Let's chat.