cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Longest wait for Activation - List Here

zzguffy901
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Looking to see who has been waiting the longest for an activation.

I have been waiting to port/activate my girlfriends phone since Thursday at 8PM EST. Effectively at 64 hours and counting, no response from Mods and a charged CC @Saray_O

40 REPLIES 40

PaladinPhil

Phone is up and running.  Still too early to properly test, but I have connection currently.  The mods are definitely over worked over this.  I was contacted by private message yesterday afternoon and told that there would be at least 24 hours to resolve the issue and that they knew exactly what the issue was.  So I think the volume of subscribers and lack of staff is playing out right now.

mig39
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If it's any help, I was unsuccessful in contacting a mod here, despite leaving multiple messages about the same activation issue.

So I just sent them a message on twitter and it was fixed right away.  Perhaps it's the same people answering the twitter account, but there's less of a queue?

riversday

I just activated today...I hope I won't have to wait as long 😞

Hart

Sent message on the fourth of November.It hasn't been read yet. 😞

cutuk

Thursday Nov 3 and waiting...Smiley Sad

lbrasi

Since Tuesday of last week..

hereforthedeal

Almost 96 hours here to fix an issue with porting from an old number

thunderaxe
dispute all the charges with your credit card company, they'll be reversed.

PaladinPhil

Well a Mod has been in touch with me and apparently my issue will be resolved in about 24 hours.  Hope it's faster.

hung52

So....... the Mod told me that i didn't got charge in my creditcard... FALSE. I got charged 5 times lol. Very disapointed... even their system doesn't show the transaction. Bad bad bad!!! Frustated

Mchan

I think it would be helpful to modify how messages are displayed. Currently, we would sent a message to a Mod, or send the same message to all the Mods; in hopes that an available Mod or one that is online will reply with an answer.

I think it would be easier to send PM to one general mailbox and then have the PM available respond out of that mailbox, instead of sending it to multiple people. This would resolve some confusion as to which messages are actually read or not read. 

Also, if you send a message after the original concern, it should be displayed like a thread. So all additional information asked or gained isn't repeated by another Mod. 

Too long; didn't read summary- Thread like messages to aggregate information, general Mod mailbox to eliminate unread mail and narrow down the issues. 

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Do we need to keep tagging them for nothing?

KirkK

@goranwong:  Just replied to you on your other post.  My similar activation issue (minus the port, which I've given up) was successfully resolved after approximately 72 hours, thanks to @Saray_O.  Keep posting, and private messaging.  Apparently the queue (first-in, first-out) is not really a queue since your 5 day wait exceeds my 3 day wait. 

goranwong

@Mary_M

Sent you PM on Friday but it left unread. Please take a look as I am using this phone no for job hunting.

ilikesuushi

@Mary_M

Sent a PM on Friday and my plan with my old provider is set to renew on Thursday so I'm a little worried.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey everyone,

We just wanted to present our apologies for the delay in answering and in wait time. We know it has increased since the promo plan, but rest assured that we will get to each and every one of you as long as you sent one of the mods a private message. 

Thank you for your patience 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Rockdaddy22
They do work Monday to Sunday. A fourth mod is starting tomorrow morning. Please remember you can also get help through social media and email, different reps deal with that believe. They just need some temporary help during this promo, things were great around here before the promo. I don't know why you'd mention phone support, that's not an option here. I'm sorry but you're incorrect on all points.

hung52

To be honest... Publicmobile should hire more people. Like for real. Hire more people. They only have 3 MODs here working for like what... 50000 customers? Horrible. im disapointed about this. Lol. Like if you want only 3 Mods to work in the community, atleast work from Mon-Sunday. Atm its very bad because no phone to contact them + 3 Mods only + Only by community help + Weekend not working + no instant anwser. 

zzguffy901

Wow I didn'n know it was that bad, to go as far back as last Mon-Tues. 

I am still figuring out a good excuse to tell the better half why her phone isn't working yet lol. I don't think I want to tell her it could be until the end of this coming work week.

Mchan
5 days since activation with no access to networks, not even a temporary #. I can guarantee it'll be over a week before resolution.It's very hard to refer this promo to friends, having gone through this.

Lost out on a days work and my friends think I'm dead.

surrey
I have been waiting since Tuesday with almost 8 PM's Back N Fourth with @Shazia_K. But communication has stopped since Thursday because she has yet to respond back to Private Message

zzguffy901

That sucks for the lost income. This is another reason I believe Public Mobile should be offering some sort of compensation to those who are affected. 

Not having a cell phone can affect peoples lives in a number of ways including job, safety, family related etc. 

I know they will get it fixed I just hope it is sooner rather than later. My account has been active for a few months now with zero issues. Unfortunately my spouse's got caught up in the glitch.

thunderaxe

"activated" around 2:30pm on thursday, november 3rd. 
no service on my phone, no replies from any mods to any of my messages, emails or posts.

i need a working smartphone with data plan to work so in the meantime my roommate has added me to her telus account. i had to buy a $20 SIM card to do so. i've also lost $100-150 in income by having to miss a day of work.

PaladinPhil

Okay, started the whole process on Wednesday afternoon after I got my SIM card.  Activation issue with the oh so common "failure" message.  Self serve account was activated by Thursday morning.  Friday, port failed and no service from my old card and new card.  Sent a PM to a mod on Friday afternoon which last I checked an hour ago was unread.  So I have had no phone service now since Friday morning when I woke up (6 am) to present and it doesn't look like I will get this issue resolved until sometime tomorrow which sucks considering I have a meeting tomorrow and the the person usually calls me before coming over.  This is insane, and I hope they figure out the issue and get more bodies on it.

UDP7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I feel sorry for you guys waiting. Went from Koodo to PM and it took me less then 15 minutes. Hearing these problems keep me back from telling friends/family about this awesome promo because there are so many problems happening with the overload of people trying to get this promo. Hope things get better sooner than later.

Stormy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Signed up Wednesday around 6 PM and got the CC error (Visa Debit in my case), yet the charge went through. Next tried to setup the self sever and it actually worked. Unfortunately I got caught with the hung activation; data worked and could make calls and send texts; but couldn't receive calls or texts.

First PM was sent on Thursday morning and it got read just after 3 PM, but never got a response to it. Sent a PM to another mod Friday at 11 AM and it didn't get read until 2:45 PM on Saturday with a response 10 minutes later. Unfortunately still no go,

As requested, I have tried porting your number however it got "stuck". Rest assured that our team will resolve this within the next 48 business hours, and you'll also get a confirmation text!

So while I may have got a response I am still looking at up until possibly sometime Tuesday before it is fixed.

Char21

Still waiting since Wednesday night, Nov 2.  

Rockdaddy22
The system can do funny things sometimes, I'm truly sorry about this

hung52

but you know... when it said : <<dont worry your CC is not charged>>... after a few days it charges me 5 times lol........ why?

Rockdaddy22
I've heard of these multiple charges before, rest assured PM will take care of it, no need to worry.
Need Help? Let's chat.