cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Longest wait for Activation - List Here

zzguffy901
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Looking to see who has been waiting the longest for an activation.

I have been waiting to port/activate my girlfriends phone since Thursday at 8PM EST. Effectively at 64 hours and counting, no response from Mods and a charged CC @Saray_O

40 REPLIES 40

KirkK
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@hung52:

If they've charged you *five* times on your credit card, my advice would be to immediately contact via, LOL ... another phone line, your credit card company.

I thought once was bad enough (without being able to set up an account), but if you're right, your story takes the new proverbial cake!

hung52

THEY SHOULD HAVE MORE MOD HERE OR STAFF. HIRE MORE PEOPLE PUBLICMOBILE........ I sent a message on Wednesday 2 Nov still didn't get any reply. They charged me 5x on my CC (120$). ......

KirkK

@Emissary:  Thank you for your reply.

I suspect you are right:  you got hit right before their servers started vomiting up new activations.

You are the first I've encountered (I even created a new thread this morning to ask specifically this) who's reported successfully gone from the no account creation phase to having the ability to log in, and now you are just waiting for a port (which in all fairness can be out of Public Mobile's hands).

Account creation itself however, is COMPLETELY within Public Mobile's hands... and their hands alone.  I'm NOT trying to port a number.

@Saray_O

zzguffy901

Not ranting here but has Public Mobile just drowned themselves in there own Fall Promo? There are so many people without activation. Will there be some sort of compensation for the affected customers? 

Emissary
Yes that's correct. My account registration failed on Wednesday night (the usual generic error that results in your credit card being charged, but no ability to log in). A mod fixed that the next day. From what I can tell, there seem to be a lot more complaints about lack of response starting Thursday/Friday, so I wonder if my initial call for help just squeaked by before the huge backlog hit them. I certainly haven't heard anything from a mod since then, and I've reached out multiple times. The messages haven't even been read.

KirkK

@Emissary:  Just to confirm (as you would be the first I've encounted):  you had a failed activation/account creation that WAS successfully resolved by a moderator?  If so then there is some hope for us (outside of porting numbers) who can't even get a NEW account with a NEW phone number set up, while having our credit cards billed.

Emissary
I tried to activate evening of Wednesday November 2 and it failed. On Thursday early afternoon, a mod helped activate the account but the port of my number didn't work. None of my PMs have been read by mods since Thursday afternoon.

KirkK

November 3, around 10 am.  (It's now 48 hours, and the two private messages have not even been read.)

But, worse, I've never even heard of someone having this issue resolved... perhaps it's self-selection bias, since presumably when someone gets it resolved, they don't come back to the forums.

JMCD
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Ouch, that's pretty terrible. Are there so many problems that the staff are overloaded or what? :S

J_Wig
Oct 31st around 8pm MST No response from mods and cc charged
Need Help? Let's chat.