cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Long Distance call blocked

Thanks for will13am for trying out the number for me.

I did contact the moderator already, but I was told not to do this more than once, otherwise there will a delay in response.

Oracle

@slash407 wrote:

being a prepaid service this could be a plan issue, look over ur plan online make sure everything is setup right

My test yielding same outcome should eliminate phone, account related issues as the problem.  Maybe there are area codes in UK that are not included in the long distance minutes.  If anyone knows of a calling app for the UK, perhaps use it to see if there's anything wrong with the number.

Mayor / Maire

I'm going to tag @Luddite here as I believe he calls the UK.  Do you happen to have any good workarounds for calling UK numbers that don't seem to connect even with a valid 400min LD add-on with mins remaining?  @will13am was able to reproduce the issue with the particular number @alhaha is trying to call, so it's not account or handset related.  All known dialing patterns have been tried, it looks like.  Any ideas?  Smiley Happy

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Oracle

@alhaha et al. Some calls to UK numbers from cell phones are NOT included in calling plans but are premium with charge back to the caller. In particular numbers numbers starting 084, 087, 09, 118 have an Access Charge plus the Service Charge of the company being called. 

Lots of gory details can be found here: https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learning-and-giffgaffer-articles/Special-Charges-Code-of-Practice/...

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.

Thank you Luddite and those all have provided support and help on this thread. 

I did try the number on a land line. And it worked, so I am still searching for a solution. It still beats me why a local motel might charge people for calling them, especially when most Canadian hotels I have called has a toll-free 1-800 line. 

Mystery....

Just got a message from the moderator. 

Issue escalated to the technical team, will know why in 3-5 days. That could be interesting. 

Mayor / Maire

@alhaha wrote:

Just got a message from the moderator. 

Issue escalated to the technical team, will know why in 3-5 days. That could be interesting. 

@alhaha thanks for the update, and please keep us posted.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Still waiting for the response from the technical team. Seems like a very complicated problem. Stay tuned...

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

did you get it fixed, we have same thing happening

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

yes i'm at the same stage, no reply for 3 days now